I'm preparing for Christmas early this year...

So, I'm looking for a 2x12 pretty loud amp...and i think i've found the only ones that are pretty decent.

Hartke GT100C

Ibanez TBX150R

Fender FM212R

B-52 LG7512

Crate GTD120

Ok, that's pretty much it...I know this kind of stuff gets annoying, but I just need some guidance...and I WILL try them out once i get it narrowed down to about...TWO OR THREE.

If you want to suggest something:
-2x12 please!
-loud enough to be clear over drums?
-excellent cleans?
-footswitch included would be helpful, but not necessary

I'd be using either of my guitars, and both pedals....set up to where the DS-2 would be a boost...unless of course, the set i'm playing has no effects...then i'll just use footswitch and ds-2 for boost/distortion, depending again on the set.

I play anything...seriously...if the cleans are really good, and the distortion ranges from light-whatever to the-depths-of-satan's-bosom-metal-sound...then i'm good.

THANKS, IN ADVANCE...I KNOW THIS GETS ANNOYING!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I'm not going to use tube amps until I get a house and a GOOD setup.
Most of my gigs will have no house PA.
PRICE RANGE---$250~$350 (no more)
Last edited by dudey5691 at Sep 17, 2007,
To be honest all those amps are crap. The one that may be the least objectionable is the Hartke. For $350 you can do a little better, even if you want solid state. Check some Peavey Transtubes. Roland Cubes.
i like cubes, but i'm looking for a combo that already has two speakers..one speaker tends to break up earlier...since i don't want to go through the hassle of carrying more than one thing to gigs, i'm trying to stay away from 1 speaker amps.

Transtubes? Don't they only come in one speaker..and the only one that i found in my price range...is no way near going to be able to handle no PA.
Last edited by dudey5691 at Sep 17, 2007,
You are right the only 212 Transtube is out of your price range. Man its a shame you can't go used. How about telling the parents you want money for Christmas to get a new amp. You might see something used on Ebay or even in a music store that would fit your requirements.
Quote by uldhppi
You are right the only 212 Transtube is out of your price range. Man its a shame you can't go used. How about telling the parents you want money for Christmas to get a new amp. You might see something used on Ebay or even in a music store that would fit your requirements.

Well, i've checked ebay for some amps....but all i see is over-obsessive modelling amps like line 6's...and i KNOW that i don't need anything other than reverb, chorus, and maybe flange/phaser. especially with my RP80 being a decent pedal.

I went used last Christmas for my semi-hollow...so if it turns out to be a good, cheap deal on an amp i've been looking at, i'll probably go used on Ebay; but that's only if my parents lower the price range...or if it find the amp $50 cheaper.

I always take a trip to Guitar Center (2 hour drive ) before Christmas, and the stores around my hometown have absolutely nothing...well one has a small collection you can try...the one with the larger selection has a rule that "you're not using it unless you intend to buy";which i understand but it's stupid.

I'M GOING TO BED! PLEASE HELP ME NARROW DOWN MY SELECTIONS!

PLEASE KEEP BUMPING!
I'm going to recommend an amp that I've never seen recommended here before.
This beuty.
It has really really really good cleans, and I'm sure it goes well with pedals. I know I know I know, it's a bass amp, zomg its t3h suckz0r! But seriously, it sounds great, try it, and theres no point in waisting your money on those other pieces of crap listed.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
^Actually that might work just fine. Its in your price range, plenty of power. You might want a distortion pedal (unless your Boss has it) and EQ pedal down the line.
That's a lot of requirements for $350 man. Hope you find something you like on your trip to GC
freepatriot.com
"People never misapply their economy so much as when they make mean provision for the education of children. The only practicable method to reform mankind is to begin with children." -- Noah Webster