for those who have used these picks, is the end point fat? because the Fender pick i have right now is really really to thin, i want something a little fat so i just nudge when i pick. I dont like having to dig my pick against the strings, thank you for any help.
LOL
i use them.
the fender style picks havea rounded point, and the xl's have a actual pointy point.
its a heavy pick so it wount take much effort to hit the strings.
try one at the local store.
If you mean the Jazz 3 XL then i love them, i just bought a pack, and they make you play a little faster (IMO) but i just like picks like tht. so try them out
i did get them, they are so much better compared to my Fender picks. It took like me like 5 minutes to get used to them. Now regular sized picks like the fender feel bad.
LOL
lol dude,i use those picks really sweet!!!whered you get em?ive been trying to find a place here in la that sells them!
jazz III's are those the little red guys? i love em.. fantastic for shredding and they almost sound cleaner when you play. (less string noise/and scraping)

whenever i find em, i usually buy a few bags of em
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
the guitar center near my college... they had tons o em, the dude over their gave me a good deal..2 packs for 4 bucks. and yeah they are really clean, i palm mute much better since its thick enough to just tap the string. awesome picks
go to the GC in Hollywood or Pasadena since its right down from my school
LOL
I prefer the stubby 2.0's. They have a smoother tone, and don't grab the string quite as much.

It's a matter of personal preferance though. The Jazz III's are great picks, I just prefer the stubbies.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by SiKh22
the guitar center near my college... they had tons o em, the dude over their gave me a good deal..2 packs for 4 bucks. and yeah they are really clean, i palm mute much better since its thick enough to just tap the string. awesome picks
go to the GC in Hollywood or Pasadena since its right down from my school

yo dude, wehre do you/ go to college? I go to GC in pasadena all the time.

Bakc on topic, yepp the jazz IIIs are my favorite.
I use Jazz III's and I think they're awesome, but I don't use them when I strum. My fingers end up getting caught in the strings so I use the regular-shaped Tortex picks.
Quote by 1010011010
I use Jazz III's and I think they're awesome, but I don't use them when I strum. My fingers end up getting caught in the strings so I use the regular-shaped Tortex picks.

Pasadena city college for my first 2 years. you go around here?
LOL
sick dude,

i go to san marino high school. I'm pretty sure you know where that is.
yeah it is right before i go to school, awesome dude..what kind of music you play?
LOL
Mostly hard rock and heavy metal stuff.

Haven't been playing too long, but i've got a teacher so i've been progressign pretty quickly.

What typeof music are you into? How long you been playing?

As not to spam thsi thread um....buy the jazz picks!!!
i play mostly any kind of Metal... and classic rock sometimes. been playing for 1 year but put a lot of time into learning to play some iron maiden songs my first year. i basically spent almost my whole year trying to play their songs, learning the basics Legato, Economy picking, sweeping, and whatnot. how long have you been playing?
LOL
Hey cool dude,

i've been playing for a year too. Well about, i started at the end of august of last year. So its been about a year.

The first 6 months, i played about once a week for an hour. Then the 6 months after that, i got my electric and played a lot more. haha.
yeah i try to put in 3 hours a day if i get lucky, school is very time consuming. i feel so much withdrawl from the guitar if i dont touch it once a day for a couple of hours.
LOL
haha yeah i know what you mean.

i waste way too many hours playing guitar..then staying up till 3 am working on hw. shi tz i got ot stop. its liek a drug.