well on friday morning i threw up all over my bed and had my hand over my mouth when i walked into his room to tell him i was sick. He laughed and said, "Yeah, hold your stomach and make those coughing sounds i know your tricks!!". I had to go to school but they made me go home. When he got to the school he rolled his eyes and wouldn't speak to me for the rest of the day. Then yesterday he kept mouthing off about his birthday party coming up in a few weeks. Heres a bit of what he said
dad: you know what I like about my birthday party so much?
me: what?
dad: Youre getting together around 100 who aren't as good as I am!
me: um ok...

so is it just me or is my dad being a bit unreasonable here?

*meh! doesn't understand these words*
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
hahaha, your dad sounds like a dick, but in a funny way.

Priceless thing he said about the party.

edit: It really isn't that hard to understand what she meant.

I believe her dad said "You're getting about 100 people to come who aren't as good as I am"

Basically her dad was saying there's going to be 100 people there who he is better than.
i don't get this at all..
Thoughts, like smoke, twine in your brain..
No, I won't stop, 'till you're dead or insane...
Quote by Tophue
why didnt you just show him your bed covered in vomit?

The absolute most logical thing to do...but that's just me
sounds like your dads an asshole to me
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
The absolute most logical thing to do...but that's just me

he wouldnt come in my room "too messy"
Im like "you wanna see my bed?"
hes like "ohhhh" *rolleyes*
Quote by Z_cup_boy

What an ass.
Quote by Z_cup_boy

ohhh. i see. please forgive my sarcasm, that was uncalled for
Well, what I'd do is make his birthday really nice. Don't be mean to him or anything, get him a nice gift, etc. Maybe he'll change his attitude a bit.

Then again, he may just be the same old douche like he sounds he is.

But that's what I'd do.
Ben
uhh, i don't see what's unreasonable. one, he thinks you're faking being sick. you come home from school, he doesn't go crazy and punch you or anything, he just ignores you for the day. then you hear him yesterday making a joke about his birthday party. that's completely off topic. what exactly is your point? you're pissed because you had to go to school for a few hours and then get sent home, and your dad doesn't believe you were sick, but he's not actually punishing you? arg! damn him for not believing you, even though it doesn't really matter because he's not punishing you! i mean son of a bitch!
No.
You should have showed him your bed covered in vomit.

And he just made a joke, not unreasonable.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
well on friday morning i threw up all over my bed and had my hand over my mouth when i walked into his room to tell him i was sick. He laughed and said, "Yeah, hold your stomach and make those coughing sounds i know your tricks!!". I had to go to school but they made me go home. When he got to the school he rolled his eyes and wouldn't speak to me for the rest of the day. Then yesterday he kept mouthing off about his birthday party coming up in a few weeks. Heres a bit of what he said
dad: you know what I like about my birthday party so much?
me: what?
me: um ok...

so is it just me or is my dad being a bit unreasonable here?

What?

EDIT: Oh. Haha, you're dad's funny. DId you tell him you threw up? That might have convinced him.
Last edited by JeffWiredBeck24 at Sep 17, 2007,
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
uhh, i don't see what's unreasonable. one, he thinks you're faking being sick. you come home from school, he doesn't go crazy and punch you or anything, he just ignores you for the day. then you hear him yesterday making a joke about his birthday party. that's completely off topic. what exactly is your point? you're pissed because you had to go to school for a few hours and then get sent home, and your dad doesn't believe you were sick, but he's not actually punishing you? arg! damn him for not believing you, even though it doesn't really matter because he's not punishing you! i mean son of a bitch!

lol hes been like that all my life, doesnt trust me at all and there ****ing vomit all over my bed and he wouldnt even come in to look at the evidence. and dude if you saw how my dad said it you would know he wasnt joking. Thats why my mom doesnt like him because hes full of himself. Hes been like this all my life. and plus ignoring your child isnt the best thing to do either
and 100 i meant 100 people
ill say hes being unreasonable. but a lot of parents are. my parents have had their unreasonable moments. but it sounds pretty bad from how you tell it, although i imagine you are prolly exaggerating to an extent . buck up, and learn from his mistakes for when you have a child of your own.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
...Say what?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
at least you have a dad...

My daddy left home when I was three
And he didn't leave much to ma and me
Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze.
Now, I don't blame him cause he run and hid
But the meanest thing that he ever did
Was before he left, he went and named me "Sue."
umm grow a penis then he will be so psyched to teach you to put it in things!
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Cry me a riveeeeeeeeeer
Cry me a riveeeeeer er er
Cry me a riveeeeeeeeeer
YEAH YEAH

Seriously, STFU. He's your dad; listen to him.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Liberation
Cry me a riveeeeeeeeeer
Cry me a riveeeeeeeeeer
YEAH YEAH

Seriously, STFU. He's your dad; listen to him.

No.

You should have got a large wooden spoon and scooped some vomit into his morning beverage. If that doesn't teach him... do something else
Two words:

Red Foreman.
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
Quote by krypto1339
Two words:

Red Foreman.

So true.

I love Red.

And the TS's dad sounds like a total badass.
Quote by Kulvin
No.

You should have got a large wooden spoon and scooped some vomit into his morning beverage. If that doesn't teach him... do something else
I was about to suggest scooping the vomit into his morning beverage with a stainless steel spoon, until i read your post. Don't I just feel silly now!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I was about to suggest scooping the vomit into his morning beverage with a stainless steel spoon, until i read your post. Don't I just feel silly now!

You should, because that is just stupid...
Majority of you here are f ucking idiots who think that every kid is a spoilt brat.

TS obviously isn't a spoilt brat.
His father is blatantly a cocky douchebag.

Tough love never worked, all of you watch too many comedies and think that that's how a normal family works, morons.

TS, don't take the advice of these idiots telling you your father is always right no matter what. I can't believe you even doubt your father is being unreasonable.
Just study hard and let the old fucker die in some retirement home.
Quote by garrett5
at least you have a dad...

My daddy left home when I was three
And he didn't leave much to ma and me
Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze.
Now, I don't blame him cause he run and hid
But the meanest thing that he ever did
Was before he left, he went and named me "Sue."

i effin love that song!