do i get a hissing sound when i turn up the "post rythm" on my 5150 2x12 combo?
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
are you standing too close to it?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
are you standing too close to it?

no, it almost sounds like an out of tune radio.... the post gain for the lead does the same thing too.
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
My Bogner Uber sometimes tunes to radio actually, but that's kinda rare this days...
www.High-Gain.com
Your source for High-gain, Boutique, Handmade and Rare guitar amplifiers in Europe.
Well the 5150's are knowing to be pretty noisy! I might remoned a Isp decimator. And check if theres appliences on around you etc. Little things cause it!
its called feedback man.
unless its turned down low and still makes a loud hissing sound. dat means u blew a speaker
it could be a lead problem too.. i get that and it's cause my lead isn't earth like it's ment to
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
well my wah pedal in the toe down position was picking up a radio station on the gain channel yesterday
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by False_God
Well the 5150's are knowing to be pretty noisy! I might remoned a Isp decimator. And check if theres appliences on around you etc. Little things cause it!

like my computer?
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Shard Heilia
Yeah, computer monitor will do it. Also amps sometimes pick up radio frequencies, I have a Frontman 15g that does it. >_>

alright thanks
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
Mine's always done it, it's amplifying the hum you get at lower volumes due to appliances, etc added to the distortion. Nothing really to worry about, all my amps do it, I just learned to get used to it. Usually it increases more when turning up the pre amp gain though, try turning down your gain a bit on the preamp, should get rid of some of it at least.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
are you using stock tubes?

After i swapped the stock chinese tubes with a full set of EHX ones, the noise reduced a lot.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
are you using stock tubes?

After i swapped the stock chinese tubes with a full set of EHX ones, the noise reduced a lot.

just wondering, but do they sound better too?
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
imo,
the rhythm channel improved a lot. When using the chinese tubes, i cant seem to get a high gain thing going on, on that channel, it was more of a crunch. But when i swapped to EHX, it does high gain just fine.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers