Ok, I've been on the search for a good amp, and I really dig the Fenders, priced right and sound good for my style, but now it comes down to deciding which one? The Blues Deluxe, Deville, Junior, etc... what should I get?

I'll be playing with a band but also in my room, of course I was thinking about buying a modded Valve Junior or something for bedroom jamming. What do you guys think? Or is it just a matter of preference?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
The Deville is way too loud, you'll never need that. The Deluxe is good if you need alot of headroom, but if all you play is dirty, then get the Blues Junior. If you get the Junior, you probably won't need the VJ, but the VJ is a wonderful amp, and IMO it does not need modding.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
the blues junior is awesome for bedroom jamming if you like cleans.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Blues Jr. would be great for you if you want a low-bit more gain amp. it has a master volume, and a preamp volume control, so you'll have the freedom to get a little grit from low volume. I have one, play in my bedroom okay, i play in a band and jam sessions, it incinerates my drummer and bassist and other guitarists.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i would go with the deluxe, if you play alot of blues and stuff it goes really well with like a tube screamer, i usd to use it with a metal zone for some awesome sound
as mentioned above, the deville is WAY too loud for your room. Deluxe is kinda lout too. I really like Fender Blues juniors as they are VERY versitile and rather affordable. You can also mod them down the line and get even sweeter tone. BillM mods are popular blues junior mods and i hear they make it sound like a botique amp. you casn get one on eBay for around $600ish. But even stock blues juniors are great...
Out of those, I'd go for the Deluxe.

If you can afford the DeVille, another amp worth looking at might be the Deluxe Reverb. At 22W, it fits nicely between the BJ and BD in size, but is much nicer (IMHO) tone-wise.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'm thinking I'll probably going with the deluxe unless I find a really good deal on one of the others. Its mostly for jaming with a band, and I need cleans.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Deluxe Reverb if you can afford it, or there's the Blues Jr for cheaper.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
if you want a deluxe, get the blues deluxe. better OD than the hot rod and fairly similar cleans. if you need cleans with a band then forget about the blues jr.
i have a blues deluxe and i definitely recommend it.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Sep 18, 2007,
Quote by The red Strat.
i have a blues deluxe and i definitely recommend it.

Same here on both sentiments!
Deluxe, Super, or Twin Reverb if you can afford...you didn't specify price range.

I own the Twin and have played a deluxe and a super and can vouch for all of them that they're great amps.

I've never played the smaller ones.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Deluxe FTW. Or a Deville. Plenty of headroom, and if you play around carefully with the EQ on the distortion you can yield some nice tones. Personally I'd just set it just before breakup on clean, and get 1 or 2 good boost pedals and use those for gain. Look for 'em used. Blues Deluxe sounds more in your range for what you do.

But if you have the money, go for a used old fender tube combo (black or silver face) off flea-bay and put a good pedal in front of it! Heaven!
i've got a twin reverb 2. it's 105 watts which is prolly waaayyyyyyyy too much for what you need but the regular twins are 75-85 watts. still enough to smoke any drummer. got mine less than a year ago at a pawn shop. it's old but man it's awesome. they wanted 600 for it but i worked out a trade to get it. best move i ever made. can't speak for the deluxes and such but the quality will be there. go play some and pick your sound. but if you go ahead and get one of the bigger ones like i mentioned then you may not ever have to buy another amp.

good luck
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
Slats beat me to it once more.

The blues deluxe would be the most appealing out of those for me, but the OD is not as nice as it could be. I like them paired with a nice OD pedal. But the Deluxe Reverb would be fantastic.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...