no do you already ahve a cab?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I've heard that this is a good head, but, just to sound like evryone else, why not go tube?
^ line 6 makes some good practice amps. none that i would gig with. if you can get that amp for 650 you can get alot better of a head for that. used 5150s will pwn that line 6
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
he's paying $650 used, not $1250 list. And I don't think the other deathmetal amps are evading you, I'm not sure there are many that exist for $650, other than the 5150. None that I can think of anyway. You might be able to find a used Mesa Mark III, but kind of unlikely at that price. The F series are nice, but the EL84 F-30 probably wouldn't have enough gain. I'm not a big fan of EL84 and metal tones anyway, too vintage sounding for my preference.

I think it's actually a pretty cool amp for that used price, XLR out for direct recording, and 300W headroom, which is important for live use with modeling amps. I've heard some great direct recordings with that amp. The 5150 is a great metal amp too no doubt, but the HD147 is no slouch either, not for metal tones anyway. 300W means you can have a "clean" loud clean pretty easily too. You would have no problems gigging with an amp like that.

I think it's at least worth checking out and seeing for yourself, should be able to play one pretty easy at any GC. I don't think that's a bad used price either as long as it's not trashed.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I don't like digital stuff, but this is a nice amp, I'd say go for it if you have a proper cab
www.High-Gain.com
Your source for High-gain, Boutique, Handmade and Rare guitar amplifiers in Europe.
Quote by Shard Heilia
Highly recommended, Line 6 makes awesome amplifiers.

No they don't, the Spiders are gash. However the HD147 is actually a VERY good amp, particularly for heavier metal tones. If you've got a decent cab or are getting one then go for it, it's a good choice.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ssguitar
^ line 6 makes some good practice amps. none that i would gig with. if you can get that amp for 650 you can get alot better of a head for that. used 5150s will pwn that line 6

The higher end line 6 are brilliant!

In few cases for giggin a SS amp can be better! you could DI it. Bands that do that are In Flames (Line 6 pod Xt rack thingy??)
another point for the HD147.

its named was earned after the fact that 147 decibels of sound pressure can implode a human ear.

other than that, it IS highly reccomended and you should be very happy with its performance.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
you said death metal, I'll say again that I don't like digital stuff, but bands like Krisiun use POD-PRO racks, I think cryptopsy and others use digital stuff as well...
www.High-Gain.com
Your source for High-gain, Boutique, Handmade and Rare guitar amplifiers in Europe.
tanks for the replies, i might go for a tube amp, but i'm working with more than 600 if anyone was wondering, i'm willing to spend around $1000.
This is not a Spider - it is even a Flextone. This is a totally different amp and thus should not receive the stereotype Line 6 gets because of their Spiders. I personally recommend this amp as one of the few SS amps I like.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.