i want to get a petrucci sound with my musicman jp-7 but my amp (mesa/boogie f-30 112 combo) just doesnt have enough gain and sustain. what pedal is suitable in this case? i heard nice things about xotic bb preamp but isnt it mainly used for blues or soft rock?
ocd
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Well, a Tubescreamer should give you a bit more gain and a good deal more sustain. If you want MAD sustain get a Keeley Compressor. It's really not all that needed at high volumes/gains but clean it makes the guitar come alive.

Or get both in one maybe... A Visual Sound Route 66. Just use it with your amp's gain to push things that little bit extra.
Use a Tube Screamer.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by RadioMuse
Well, a Tubescreamer should give you a bit more gain and a good deal more sustain. If you want MAD sustain get a Keeley Compressor. It's really not all that needed at high volumes/gains but clean it makes the guitar come alive.

Or get both in one maybe... A Visual Sound Route 66. Just use it with your amp's gain to push things that little bit extra.

how about the bb preamp? what is it for? bb scores way higher than tubescreamer at harmony-central...i shall check out the visual sound route 66 anyway thanks.