Hello all, my name is mike. I have been relentlessly searching for an able stack/amp to play shows with. I have checked out Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412, Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half, and Line 6 HD150 Guitar Amp Head with Spider III 4x12 Cabinet. All of which have failed to pass my simple test of, reading peoples forums on how they are uncapable of playing a live show. My band is in desperate need of two half stacks, we are new to this however and are unsure on what to buy/use. If anyone has any comments, or would just like to flat out aid my struggles it would be greatly appreciated. Also if your interested in listening to any of our music I will be more than happy to give you our myspace link...
You probably don't need a stack. Infact, you definately don't need a stack.

What kind of music do you play?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
+1 to the not needing a stack.

Adding onto what Cort said, what's your budget as well?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah, you'll be just fine with a loud combo amp. It's really about nailing the sound that you want. The PA can pick up the slack. You also want to consider that if your amps are so loud that you don't need the PA, all of your eardrum-rending volume will be coming from drectly behind you rather than in front and to the sides of you from the PA.
See my sig, I agree with the guys above me. Some sort of tube combo will blow away those garbage stacks you're looking at.

Telling us your styles and budget would probably be helpful.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
We play a sort of screamo/alternative, like a mix of Brand New and Senses Fail. Preferably im only looking to spend around $800.
Quote by lesstrat7
We play a sort of screamo/alternative, like a mix of Brand New and Senses Fail. Preferably im only looking to spend around $800.

Get the Peavey Windsor stack then

I know I was yelling not to get a stack, but this only comes in a stack.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

is that gig excessible, we've been using a studios rental amps for awhile (a line6). But the biggest thing for us is playing live. so yea, does it do well loud, and do you konw how long that lasts?
Quote by lesstrat7
is that gig excessible, we've been using a studios rental amps for awhile (a line6). But the biggest thing for us is playing live. so yea, does it do well loud, and do you konw how long that lasts?

At 130 tube watts, I assure it is plenty loud. It doesn't need to be cranked for OD though, it has plenty at lower volumes.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

thank you very much by the way this is greatly appreciated.... one more quick question though? am i being too cheap with this?
Quote by lesstrat7
thank you very much by the way this is greatly appreciated.... one more quick question though? am i being too cheap with this?

Meh, it depends how much money you could spend. If $800 is your absolute max, then no.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

i would say my absolute max is around 1200. yet i have the misfortune of being in college, but 1200 hundred would be the max
Quote by lesstrat7
i would say my absolute max is around 1200. yet i have the misfortune of being in college, but 1200 hundred would be the max

I'd wait for someone else to come around and throw some suggestions at you. I'm no expert on hardcore music.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123