when i pick downwards while sweeping (ie; towards the b and e strings) i get a nice 'fluid' sounding sweep, like i should have. however, when i sweep back down, it sounds like i'm picking the notes individually, but really fast.

i can't figure out for the life of me what the problem is...i've tried changing the way i hold the pick and even how i mute the strings, but to no avail.

here are some snaps of how i hold the pick, just in case you can see what i'm doing wrong, idunno...
it's kind of hard to see, cos i can't find any of my brighter coloured picks, but it should be alright...

help
edit: goddamn. huge pics. you shouldn't have any trouble seeing that
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
From those picktures your hand looks fine, is there any way you could do a video? That would be much more helpful.

Also have you looked into the possibility that it could be your fret hand?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^nah, no video camera.

i seem to be doing everything the same thing with my left hand no matter what direction i'm going in, i know it's definately something wrong with the way i'm picking it. even if i just fret a chord, but pick the notes like a sweep, it still has that same effect on the way down...i think i'll probably need to speak with another guitarist in person.

thanks anyway though man.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.