Hey all, had a quick search but found nothing. My iPod is skipping ahead about 4 or 5 songs after a song finishes, it's getting kind of annoying because I'm missing good songs. I recently restored it and started afresh because it was doing, but it's started again and I don't want to restore it if it's gonna keep doing it. Can anyone help? It's a 2GB nano btw.

Thanks in advance!
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Unbelievable..........
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Don't call me stupid, if you'd read it properly you'd realise it's skipping ahead 4 to 5 songs. So if I choose a song to listen to, that'll be "1 of 478" then after that it will freeze and land on "4 of 478" or something like that.
Phail, there, i said it.
I've read it, so now turn off shuffle and let everybody else get on with their lifes.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
What do you mean by that? It should go to the second song after the first, not the fourth! It's only recently started doing it.
shuffle means that the iPod will play the songs in A RANDOM ORDER!!!!!!

Turn shuffle off and track 1 will be followed by track 2 etc etc
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I've always had it on shuffle and it played them in a random order but it would play all songs. By it doing 4 track skipping, I'm only gonna hear a quarter of my music! The Pit's lack of ability to understand basic English seriously worries me sometimes... thanks for those who DO understand English and know what I'm saying.
Quote by jamesy15
I've always had it on shuffle and it played them in a random order but it would play all songs. By it doing 4 track skipping, I'm only gonna hear a quarter of my music! The Pit's lack of ability to understand basic English seriously worries me sometimes... thanks for those who DO understand English and know what I'm saying.

It isn't skipping any bloody songs. Geez. YOU clearly have a problem understanding basic English. It's gonna play every song eventually. You see: The word random doesn't mean that it's gonna play every four songs. It means that it's gonna pick RANDOM songs. They'll come up eventually. Just wait and see.
No, that's not how my iPod works! It's skipping songs by lots of four or five, it's not gonna go to 4 then 17 then 13 or anything like that as you're suggesting.
hahahahahaha

What a Nice way to wake up at 10:30 in the morning
Quote by jamesy15
No, that's not how my iPod works! It's skipping songs by lots of four or five, it's not gonna go to 4 then 17 then 13 or anything like that as you're suggesting.

That seems pretty random to me
He means it plays like this: 1 Out of XXX>4 Out of XXX>8 out of XXX, etc, instead of this: 1 Out of XXX>2 Out of XXX>3 Out of XXX, etc, etc, etc. It will shuffle them, so it will go Slayer, Metalllica and so on, but it still goes from 1>XXX in order.
Quote by jamesy15
Well it would, because there's an issue with it and it doesn't work as it should.

Ehhhhh. If you really think there is a problem take it to someone who repairs them

*sigh* (and a big one too)
Gear:

Jackson DKMG Dinky
ESP LTD EX-400
Peavey 6505
Digitech Metal Master Distortion Pedal
Fender G-Tec Junior Amplifier
    Thank you! Someone understands me! I have to go now, I'm in college, so in light of that reply, can anyone help me solve the problem, rather than perceive me as being dim, simply because they did not understand the problem? Much obliged.
    Oh I get it. It shuffles the playlist then should play through the shuffled playlist in order. But isn't. Well I don't know how to fix that, I've got an ancient 3rd gen iPod.

Eg: Say you got Slayer - Raining Blood, Metallica - Enter Sandman, Deep Purple - Burn and Racer X - Scarified. In that order. So the thing shuffles it to be, say, Burn, Sandman, Scarified, Raining Blood. Then if it's working correctly it plays through them, and it'll say 1 out of 4, 2 out of 4, etc as you go through. But what his iPod is doing is playing Burn, then Raining Blood, skipping Sandman and Scarified.

Edit: You worded the problem incredibly badly, so don't complain when people laugh at you.
    Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
    Quote by AvengedThrice
    True that. True that.

Starscream
    Last edited by Snakexe at Sep 18, 2007,
    Quote by jamesy15
    Well it would, because there's an issue with it and it doesn't work as it should.

Yes it does. Jesus, how dumb are people these days?
    ^ I already told you what to do
    Gear:

Jackson DKMG Dinky
    ESP LTD EX-400
    Peavey 6505
    Digitech Metal Master Distortion Pedal
    Fender G-Tec Junior Amplifier
      Your ipod is possessed by a demon. Sacrifice it to Satan.
      ¯|(°_o)/¯
      How many of you guys have an Ipod? When you click on shuffle it takes every song and puts them in random order and plays them it shouldnt skip around it should say 1 out of 400, then 2 out of 400 and then 3. He has a problem you idiots.
      Soon you will sit on the bench
      of those who deny I have my soul
      You sell a dream you create
      Condemned by what you condemned before
      Smooth are the words you sing down and high
      Underground is your joy your laws
      Quote by MedicreDemon
      How many of you guys have an Ipod? When you click on shuffle it takes every song and puts them in random order and plays them it shouldnt skip around it should say 1 out of 400, then 2 out of 400 and then 3. He has a problem you idiots.

In fairness that's not what he said was happening originally:

Quote by jamesy15
      Hey all, had a quick search but found nothing. My iPod is skipping ahead about 4 or 5 songs after a song finishes, it's getting kind of annoying because I'm missing good songs. I recently restored it and started afresh because it was doing, but it's started again and I don't want to restore it if it's gonna keep doing it. Can anyone help? It's a 2GB nano btw.

Thanks in advance!

Quote by jamesy15
      Yeh it's on shuffle. Sorry forgot to mention that.

Made it sound like he had it on shuffle, and was surprised when it wasn't playing the songs in order.

Therefore:

You fail
      Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
      In fairness that's not what he said was happening originally:

Made it sound like he had it on shuffle, and was surprised when it wasn't playing the songs in order.

Therefore:

You fail

Funny, I understood the problem.
      Soon you will sit on the bench
      of those who deny I have my soul
      You sell a dream you create
      Condemned by what you condemned before
      Smooth are the words you sing down and high
      Underground is your joy your laws
      Quote by Snakexe
      Oh I get it. It shuffles the playlist then should play through the shuffled playlist in order. But isn't. Well I don't know how to fix that, I've got an ancient 3rd gen iPod.

Eg: Say you got Slayer - Raining Blood, Metallica - Enter Sandman, Deep Purple - Burn and Racer X - Scarified. In that order. So the thing shuffles it to be, say, Burn, Sandman, Scarified, Raining Blood. Then if it's working correctly it plays through them, and it'll say 1 out of 4, 2 out of 4, etc as you go through. But what his iPod is doing is playing Burn, then Raining Blood, skipping Sandman and Scarified.

Edit: You worded the problem incredibly badly, so don't complain when people laugh at you.

Could that be a reason why you understood, perhaps?
      Quote by AvengedThrice
      True that. True that.

Starscream
      i had that problem with my ipod i just got rid of it because i couldn't fix it but it was an ipod mini so i don't really care
      Gear:
      Epi les paul custom white
      Fender hot rod deluxe
      Jimi Hendrix wah
      EHX big muff pi
      Boss DS-1
      Monster cables
      My ipod does it sometimes too, if it's the same songs repeatedly take them off your ipod then put them back on. If it's just randomly happening with different songs... I don't know.
      Ever tried resetting your ipod ?
      I'm pretty sure you flick it onto lock then back onto normal then hold the middle button and pause for 6 seconds. I may be wrong though just check your manual.
      Quote by JilaX^

It isn't skipping any bloody songs. Geez. YOU clearly have a problem understanding basic English. It's gonna play every song eventually. You see: The word random doesn't mean that it's gonna play every four songs. It means that it's gonna pick RANDOM songs. They'll come up eventually. Just wait and see.

Do you know how shuffle works on the nano (and probably most iPods) It gets every song and rearranges them into a random order and plays through those songs in that order like a playlist. His problem is that it shuffles them into the order but when he plays it, it skips a few songs in the shuffled "playlist", get it? To TS I don't know how to fix the problem, have you tried asking at the apple support forum thing?

EDIT: Ahh I see it's been explained ealier
      Those who have crossed
      With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
      Remember us - if at all - not as lost
      Violent souls, but only
      As the hollow men
      The stuffed men.