hello there, for my music assignement i have to analyse a protest song of my choice and compare it to one we studied in class. i chose to do ...and justice for all by metallica because its one of my favourite songs and fitts the assignment.

i have to analyse all musical elements. eg. key, timing etc.

if u guys could help me out that would b awesome...
I think you guys could tell him what do do, what to look at, etc. without actually analysing it for him....
That'd be cool....

I'd do it now, but I'm JUST about to leave, I shouldn't have even typed this....
Thanks guys, and TS.

Cheers -
Daisy
Gore AND Core; unite!
why not just get the music for it and analyse it yourself? if we do it for you it kinda defeats the purpose. here i'll start you out with.....

the song is in the key of E
get a pen, piece of paper, and listen to "...And Justice For All".

then write stuff on the paper with the pen about the song.
i dont expect you do it for me. i just need help with figuring out the key and stuff like that... why is it in E?
Quote by scooby snacks
i dont expect you do it for me. i just need help with figuring out the key and stuff like that... why is it in E?

Because the notes used all fall into the key of E, that's why.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
I'll offer a little help.

E minor. Take a look at the notes and you'll see that aside from an accidental here and there, all of the notes fit into E minor.
For the record the song changes key quite a lot ,
although the is a strong tonality of E present it is not strictly the Key of E,
take the intro as Emaj, however, as the song progresses into the main riff before the verse the notes Bb, A, F, G and E all suggest E Locrian.
The verse then stays with Locrian,
Then moves into Phrygian as there is a B being used to replace the Bb.
These are subtle changes but the Key is being changed from Maj, to Locrian to Phrygian, all being Minor apart from the intro.

Just look at the music and see what notes are being used and what scales they belong to.
i still think the TS needs to do this on his own, otherwise he'll come back when he needs help with his algebra assignment.
Quote by z4twenny
i still think the TS needs to do this on his own, otherwise he'll come back when he needs help with his algebra assignment.

Actually thats what the pits for...
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

^ i wouldn't trust the pit with first grade math homework.....

but back on to topic, if the TS doesn't know how to analyze music then he probably doesn't know any theory. i'd recommend he start learning some theory so that he can analye music. im a DIY kinda guy myself....