welllll i know you lot get a lot of which amp threads so ill keep this short and sweet

im goin to get a new all tube amp sometime this week
Budget = £400
Style = classic rock, blues and more modern rock/indie
current gear = yamaha pacifica 112 (with peavey rage but its goin...uuhh)
willing to buy used = yes

My current "list to try"
- fender blues junior
- marshall dsl401
- laney vc15/30
- peavey classic 30

just wondered if there any more that ive missed that i should mebe have a look at
Look at a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (used) and maybe a Vox AC15. Will you be using the amp for gigging or just for home practice? With the Fenders, you may need an OD to get it to classic rock territory. But you wouldn't with the Peavey Classic 30, which is definitely worth a look. Also, I think the VC15/30 will be able to handle classic rock without an OD. For more modern sounds, however, you will need one with most of those you have on the list (the exception being the Marshall).
Traynor YCV40
Great Amps, might be a bit expensive, but i think you could get a used one for that price.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
I have a DSL 401. Not too keen on it though. Took it to the guitar shop yesterday, and the guy said there could be something wrong with it. So it's full potential hasn't actually been realised yet.

It'll probably do for the music you want to play, but beware of buying off of Ebay....
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
^^ IMO the DSL isnt a good choice for the music he listed, it hasnt got that good of a clean/light OD tone for blues, and would only really cover the modern rock tone easily.

The peavey is a good amp and could cover most if not all, especially with a nice OD pedal to boost the gain in to modern rock territory.
Ashodown FA60DSP, if you can find one and you like it I'm selling one for £320 including postage.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^ I'm jumping off the walls here waiting for my FA60. It should be here already! By the way, why are you selling yours?
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
The Blues Junior would be great for your needs, the Classic 30 would be alright too.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
assuming you're still at the "only trying" stage, it doesn't hurt to try everything you can. you should probably try the orange tiny terror (you should be able to pick up a 1x12 cab for £100), laney lc15/30, grainger blues twin and hammerhead (sound control are exclusive dealers) and peavey valveking as well...

there might be a few others i've forgotten too...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Hakanku
^^ IMO the DSL isnt a good choice for the music he listed, it hasnt got that good of a clean/light OD tone for blues, and would only really cover the modern rock tone easily.

yea ive been getting a bit of an idea about what they soun like through some demos on youtube an i dont think i really like them, ill still try it out but i didnt like the bluesy tone, an i love playing bluesy stuff.....so meh
yeah, i mean for the more classic stuff there are better options than a dsl401 if you ask me...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Chips-
^ I'm jumping off the walls here waiting for my FA60. It should be here already! By the way, why are you selling yours?

Tone isn't quite what I want, it's great and everything, I just want something more modern-voiced, less marshall-y.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
ok so just to update ya'll i went shoppin the other day and walked away from wembley guitar centre with a laney lc 30 and a big smile

it was close between that and the vc, didnt like the peavey or the marshall much but the fender came a close 3rd (after the vc). im so happy and i can see why everyone rages about tubes it sound sssssssooooooo sweet.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?