I'm not very good at switching chords like going D to G chords transistion. Is it better to practice switching chords slowly or fast? I remeber someone saying that u can switch chords fast even though fingers dont fall in the right fret because it will eventually come along or some crap like that. is tat true because my fingers keep going to wrong fret when im changing chords if i do em fast. Thanks
Practice slowly, then build up speed. Yes it is true that eventually your fingers just go to the chords - it becomes second nature. Everything guitar related is all about practicing slowly and building up speed, whether it be open chords are 2 handed tapping solos with sweep picking on the side.
yes. dont try to go really fast at first. practice slowly
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by grrrr
I'm not very good at switching chords like going D to G chords transistion. Is it better to practice switching chords slowly or fast? I remeber someone saying that u can switch chords fast even though fingers dont fall in the right fret because it will eventually come along or some crap like that. is tat true because my fingers keep going to wrong fret when im changing chords if i do em fast. Thanks

Nope, practice them slowly. The whole point of changing is you want train your fingers to go straight to the correct place, fretting the chord cleanly. You have to do that slowly, and once you've got it right at the slower speed you can gradually try to build up speed. Trying to do it fast won't work, all you're training your fingers to do is jerk around sloppily and you'll never actually get it right that way.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Start slow, get your technique correct first then speed will come naturally with practice.
Quote by clement1
Practice slowly, then build up speed. Yes it is true that eventually your fingers just go to the chords - it becomes second nature. Everything guitar related is all about practicing slowly and building up speed, whether it be open chords are 2 handed tapping solos with sweep picking on the side.

i agree. If you practice going fast and getting the wrong positions, you are building in you muscle memory those places, so you will always get the chord wrong. So practice slowly and build up.
.:Just because you can sweep pick doesn't make you good:.
All you need to do right now is practice slowly, and make sure that you're finger movements are accurate. The thing with speed is that your muscles must first learn the motion you're telling them to do. Once "muscle memory" has taken place, you'll get faster and faster. But for now make sure you muscles are memorizing the right movements. So be slow and accurate.
Just do something like C-A-G-E-D, repeat, repeat, then like D-G-E-C-A, repeat, repeat, etc...just start slower, get faster and faster.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
I tell people having problems changing chords to change them in slow motion in smooth movements. Switch the chords as slowly as you need to in order for your fingers to move smoothly and simultaneously, then keep on doing that. Then, very slowly, speed it up. Seems to have worked for a few.
I'm a communist. Really.
Agree with practice SLOWLY. Also, keep the pinky against the ring ringer as you fret the chords. Take your time and go slowly, you'll get faster as time goes by!
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa