Ok, I am working on how to build scales. I am confused because I am told that Ionian is T T ST T T T ST,however,lets take Ionian in F with the noted being F G A A# C D...Clearly it already breaks the rule of how the scale is built,everyone with me? How do you build a scale with T ST T,etc. I am so damn confused!
It didn't break the rule
F whole step to a G whole step to an A Half Step to an A# Whole Step to a C whole step to a D.
Your formula was right
yea ^ hes right.. b-c is only a half and e-f is only a half.. all the others are wholes.. but what exactly do you think is wrong with it? the notes?
But please stick to key sense. There is no A# in the F Ionian scale. It is a Bb. Just so you don't get confused later on in music theory.
BASSES

Yamaha RBX270L Custom Fretless
Traben Tribal Sun 5 L
Fender Custom Jazz Bass L

EFFECTS

BOSS DD-7
BOSS OC-3
BOSS RC-2
BOSS TU-2
Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

AMP

Yorkville XM200 Combo
You're right so far, for F it would go F G A A# C D E F G A A# C D E F and so on... I don't understand you're problem.. you have the right pattern for the major scale.. unless you are trying to get the major pentatonic.. is that you're problem?
ionian is really a mode of a scale. i cant really explain it without completely confusing you. but its a mode of a scale there are more modes other than ionian, like dorian, aeolian etc. like i said, i can't teach worth ****, ask people about modes of scales and im sure someone will understand.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Quote by thycrusader
ionian is really a mode of a scale. i cant really explain it without completely confusing you. but its a mode of a scale there are more modes other than ionian, like dorian, aeolian etc. like i said, i can't teach worth ****, ask people about modes of scales and im sure someone will understand.

Actually it's not, Ionian is just the modal name for the major scale.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com