It's not too early to start a Christmas thread - it's not quite there yet but it's not very far either: soon it will be October. I suppose starting an ONLY Christmas Thread will relieve a lot of SPAM too by keeping things clean.

- Christmas Plans
- New Years Resolution
- Review of this year
- Review of next year
- Gifts
- What Christmas means to you
- etc etc

Well, I'll start off by saying that this Year's Chrismas was faster approaching the last. I mentioned before that time has really flown by, maybe not for some but for me it almost definitely has. I can't wait till Christmas. It's the best time of the year where mostly everyone gets to spend some time with their family and friends. Of course that's not really the purpose of Christmas but over time it has become the idea.
For me, I'm not deeply religious but I do believe in God. Christmas for me means nothing more than good, quality family time. My family never really spends as much together as we should. My parents are here in the House a maximum of 3 hours a day not including sleeping time. We own a restaurant y'see and so it's hard labour with hardly any spare time at all. I count that Christmas time is the only time my parents have a 4-day break. It might not sound much but it's more that I can ask of them.

To top it off, it's also going to the first anniversary of my Grandmother's death very soon. Some of you already know, by a thread I started last year, that my grandmother died on December 10th 2006 @ about 19:00 hours. That's also a very special occassion. My grandfather has also just arrived in the UK today at 05:30. He should also be here during Christmas so that's going to be very special but it's also going to be hard without my Grandmother by his side.
This year, if I get the job that i've applied for, i'll be able to afford a little present for myself. I'm hoping to buy a Gretsch Chet Atkins model. I may even have enough money to buy a new amplifier too, who knows. Speaking of gifts etc, I also really want a Christmas Tree. I've never had one in my life and i've been here for 19 years. I'd like to get one just for novelty value. This year, I also want to get a real Turkey for dinner. I've never had Turkey before either - maybe ham slices but not the real thing. That should be interesting to prepare.

Speaking of the positive attributes of Christmas, we mustn't forget about the lows too. For every positive remark I make, there is always going to be another, death, another assualt, another homeless person, etc, so don't forget to stay safe. This year has been bad enough as it is - I count many unfortunate events from aeroplane crashes, natural disasters, stabbings in the UK, rising gun crime [UK] and missing persons. Hopefully next year will be easier on us all. By next year Christmas, I hope to be a lot more efficient with my Uni work and to better my grades by a mile.

Discuss

EDIT: I look forward to seeing the new UG Christmas wallpaper in January.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Sep 18, 2007,
Duuuuuuuuuude, it's the 18th October
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult

Oh come on. It's not so absurd! Supermarkets are already stocking up for Christmas, there are tons of christmas adverts and there are Christmas movies on Sky

And it's September 18th, not October <_<
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Yakult

Yet i still saw this years advent calenders in the shop the other day!

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
And it's September 18th, not October <_<

Oh yeah
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Man, the shops have Christmas stuff in before Summer these days. Crazy.

Anyway, this Xmas will undoubtedly be spent with family getting incredibly fat as usual!

Incidentally, I've got one of my Xmas presents already... my parents gave me £100 towards my Dean Razorback V
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Quote by Yakult

That's funny, it's the 18th September where I am.

eta: damn small white print...
Quote by Harmonius
It's not too early to start a Christmas thread - it's not quite there yet but it's not very far either: soon it will be October. I suppose starting an ONLY Christmas Thread will relieve a lot of SPAM too by keeping things clean.

- yes it is. over 3 months. that's a whole 1/4 of a year plus a bit more.

- no it won't. in December, knowing the general ignorance of people on here, every day there will be a thread saying "i'm sorry if this has been done before, but what's everyone doing for Christmas??!!!"

/cynic
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
i have tickets for Trans-Siberian Orchestra!!

thats all im caring about right now.

i wont worry about christmas until mid december.
Quote by daytripper75
i have tickets for Trans-Siberian Orchestra!!

thats all im caring about right now.

i wont worry about christmas until mid december.

We start celbrating christmas in mid November... Same with Holloween. Mid September we have a pumpkin or something.

I want to watch a Christmas movie. Suggestions?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

christmas waits till i get off for christmas break from uni. which is like dec 18th or so
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Arg, I'll wait till December before I post in here.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Harmonius

I want to watch a Christmas movie. Suggestions?

Don't watch any christmas movies, they're all too mushy.

Plus it'll make you want christmas even more.

Like I do now.

Damn you harmy...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Don't watch any christmas movies, they're all too mushy.

exactly, watch candyman instead.

it smelled an awful lot like christmas when i stepped outside this morning, but when i tell other people that they think i'm mad
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by paintITblack39
I don't celebrate Xmas .

Sucks to be you!

I'm getting an xbox 360 hopefully or some more driving lessons.

Quote by JDawg
We start celbrating christmas in mid November

Yeah, the Christmas season (in the U.S. anyways) starts on Thanksgiving, which is November 22 this year.

I am excited for Christmas already though. I have been planning what I want and I'm thinking about drawing pictures for people as gifts because I'm poor.

A Christmas Story is my favorite Christmas movie, to whoever asked about movies.
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
Quote by Harmonius
- Christmas Plans
- New Years Resolution
- Review of this year
- Review of next year
- Gifts
- What Christmas means to you

-Try and do stuff over Christmas Break, with friends mostly. Try and have a good Christmas.

-My only REAL resolution is to write a good deal of material, and to get a girlfriend, if I don't have one by then.

-This year? Meh. Better than last year.

-I hope to only improve on this year.

-Gifts? All I want is this:

And maybe a decent bag for it. Mostly just the D40. That's it.

-What does Christmas mean to me? It means spending time with family and friends, and hopefully having a nice break.

Since I'm not Christian (by any means), I don't do anything/celebrate anything that has to do with Christianity. I'm not saying that in an offensive way toward Christians, I just have no reason to celebrate something I don't believe in.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
It's a MicroKorg for me =D
Can't wait to play with that uber cool vocoder!!
Apart from that,much the same as fallenangel. Especially the girlfriend one.
Too many times i've gone off to gigs, pulled, then forgotten the name...
Leaders Of Men
IndieStore

-Gig Rig-
Fender MIM Strat (arctic white)
Boss ME-50
HH Performer 150.

-Practice Rig-
Squire Master Series Deluxe Thinline Telecaster. w/ Bill lawrence XL-500
Boss ME-50
Marshall MG15CDR
There are christmas street decorations in my town . There's a tree by the railway station that's already lit up in sparkling lights
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

People who mention Christmas before December should be hung, drawn and quartered.

*Eats a humbug*
Quote by fallenangel20
-Gifts? All I want is this:

Get the D70 instead, you won't regret choosing it over the D40.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
People who mention Christmas before December should be hung, drawn and quartered.

*Eats a humbug*

*brings burpinworm to the lynchmob*

*realizes the lynchmob sets his eyes on me*

*promptly runs*
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'll most likely be working, same as last year. Pretty sad, but I'll go get jaked afterwards. God I love holidays.
RULE BRITANNIA