Finally ditched my Spider II 30, lol.

Bought a cheap, 2nd hand Micro Cube after trying one out in a shop - £25 off ebay which is a better deal than the £69 new price which I think is very overpriced.

Now I'm sure I will get less sneers and snipes in the UG forums but actually I loved the sound of the Spider's insane channel.

The reason I ditched it is because it was too big and heavy for tucking in a corner and moving around my house. And too loud for late night practice.

But I'm loving the Cube anyway, especially the AC30 model - on middle pickup with the gain up it is fat and sweet!

Also get a nice Gilmoury sound out of the Fender model.

FX are pretty useless, except reverb.

Rectifier model isn't as good as the Spider one which is a shame. Maybe it's the bass response of the tiny speaker.

Anyway, my main requirements were decent sound at very low volume, and portability. This sits on a bookshelf in my living room ready for use at any moment!

Oh, and it was posted to me wrapped in three carrier bags and nothing else, so I guess it's pretty durable, eh?

Anybody got any favourite settings for it? I'll post some maybe when I get the time.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
if you liked the insane setting, why not get an uber metal or a pod? then you still have that setting, plus the other microcube stuff
It's an idea I am considering but I'm saving for a gigging/rehearsal valve amp now that I have sorted my practice amp requirements out
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Cort M200/WS
Hayden Mofo

My Band - Haemasmtha
I'm certainly not going to sneer at you. You like the sounds you like, and I have some "flamed" amps that I honestly like the tone of. I have also owned much worse than a Spider. I think the MicroCube sounds surprisingly good, and you will be able to get your metal. Enjoy.
the rectifier is not so good maybe because you're playing through an amp that has a 5" speaker

i have the cube 60 which has a 12" speaker and it sounds very good to me
Quote by Tweak88
the rectifier is not so good maybe because you're playing through an amp that has a 5" speaker

i have the cube 60 which has a 12" speaker and it sounds very good to me

That's what I was thinking.
But I may hook it up to a 1x12 cab at some point in the future.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Cort M200/WS
Hayden Mofo

My Band - Haemasmtha