Is it even possible? Online charts give me 613 Calorie loss for 1 hour of jumproping, so how long and how much to lose it :P i asked this in my first thread but no one replied ;(
So please reply here for how much jumprope and how long and how fast and when can i expect to see results?
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
I think it's quite possible. I for one don't have the coordination to jump rope!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Proper tiring is skipping.

Of course you'll burn fat, if you combine it with a good diet and other exercises.
Okay, a pound of human fat contains around 3500 calories. Lets say you burn 600 calories per hour, of which say 50% is fat (the rest from carbs etc).

Thats 300 calories of fat burnt, assuming you don't put them on again, theoretically it would take over 11 hours of rope skipping to burn off a pound of fat. Rope skipping is pretty intense as cardio goes, I'm pretty damn fit, but 15 minutes of fast paced skipping knackers me.. Good luck!!
Go the gym. I don't know how up to date yours is, but everything in mine tells me how many calories are being burnt. You could easily push 700 calories in less than half that time on a treadmill.

Hours of jump roping will probably only do your legs in.
depends on your height and size. youll probably burn up to 1000 if youre a little unfit, and if you do it everyday for about a month youll start burning less. but do it first thing in the monrning as youll be burning fat immediatly.

and skipping is good
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
yeah but thats 1 hr that you've wasted. instead you can go running an dyoud burn heaps more

1 hr jumprope = 30 mins running = 90 mins angry sex with a hooker
Would running 30 min a day be okay? And then jumproping 30 minutes? would that be an reasonable training cycle?
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
do u really want to jump rope for 30 minutes? I would definately jump rope or something for a little while before you stretch in the morning. It will get your blood pumping which is crucial for getting the most out of stretching. Its also a good calf excercise. Then after you are stretched and everything then go on with your weight lifting or running or swimming or whatever. If you want a good work out go tread water in a lake for about an hour. Just make sure to switch up your work outs a lot too.
Quote by happytimeharry
You just made my penis retract into my body in fear. Thank you for that unpleasant feeling Stinkles...

Quote by sashki
So the next day when you were a girl again, you'd stick a dead willy dickinson into yourself? Sounds wrong to me.

Lol
A lb is about 3500 calories.
Do the math, fatty.

Joking. But seriously, a proper diet is the most important.
Don't expect to lose weight if you're eating a bucket of fried chicken every night.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
I was never that great at jump roping. The coordination part was lacking for me. But it's decent exercise if you do not have access to anything else.
I don't even care to shake these zipper blues...
Like they said above, you won't lose any weight unless you control your diet. Best cardio you can do is running, IMO. Besides, who wants to stand in the same spot for a half hour jumping when you can go and run in a park somewhere? And jumping rope with eventually ravage your knees.
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Quote by Lagrance
Would running 30 min a day be okay? And then jumproping 30 minutes? would that be an reasonable training cycle?

skipping (or jumproping as it is called in america) is freaking intense
if you're skipping hardout for 30mins you won't be able to run for 30 hahahaha
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob