i hear it in description of chords,leads,basslines

and im not an avid jazz fan,i do listen to it every now and then,but i dont get what jazzy means,okay maybe i dont feel it,but do i have to be a jazzhead to know what it means?
can anyone help me,i wanna know!!
I played something a bit jazzy on the piano earlier today.
I r Pirate!
Well you kinda know what sounds Jazzy or not, more often than not 7th chords sound Jazzy, but not cos 7th chords were made for jazz, just cos Jazz use 7th chords a lot (steriotypical jazz anyway) I heard 'the hendrix chord' (chord used in Purple Haze and SRVs Testify) and I instantly notified it as Jazz, that was when I barely heard Jazz, now I'm a big fan gotten into it and I love it.
I suppose that "spontaniousness" thats in Jazz makes something Jazzy.
I've always wondered this as well. My friend will constantly try to get my guitar and play "jazz chords" on it, and I don't know if "jazz" means "dissonant", but apparantly to my friend it does, as most of these chords are major and minor at the same time. For example:

E|-0
B|-4
G|-3
D|-0
A|-2
E|-0

It sound terrible, and I don't even think it fits into a key.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
In leads it means using usually the modes of the major scale and chromaticism to create solos. Also it means that you use chords such as 7ths and 6ths and 9ths and try to accentuate chord tones.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
so its about a certain type of chords and modes/scales in used frequently in the music??

i thought it was like a certain feeling i get from the music/chord/lead,
like,the way the blues formula makes you feel,its pretty obvious what "bluesy" is,but jazzy...oh i dont know,im not asking how it sounds,im asking how its supposed to feel,kinds vague right?
Ok look, when you say funny it means something's fun, right? When you say crappy it means that something's not quite right. Right? When you say poppy it means it's pop-like, when you say bluesy it means something's blues-like? Now... what's jassy?
Quote by .smudged.
Ok look, when you say funny it means something's fun, right? When you say crappy it means that something's not quite right. Right? When you say poppy it means it's pop-like, when you say bluesy it means something's blues-like? Now... what's jassy?

When something's "jass-like"?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
When something's "jass-like"?

Ding ding ding! You've won a trip to the caribbean and 1000 cookies!
^i think he was poking fun at your spelling... but you are right
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
^i think he was poking fun at your spelling... but you are right

whats wrong with my bluesy-like spelling
but what is the certain property in jazz that makes is jazzy?? or,what makes it sound like jazz?
what does jazz mean?
From dictionary.com

jazz /dʒæz/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[jaz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. music originating in New Orleans around the beginning of the 20th century and subsequently developing through various increasingly complex styles, generally marked by intricate, propulsive rhythms, polyphonic ensemble playing, improvisatory, virtuosic solos, melodic freedom, and a harmonic idiom ranging from simple diatonicism through chromaticism to atonality.
2. a style of dance music, popular esp. in the 1920s, arranged for a large band and marked by some of the features of jazz.
3. dancing or a dance performed to such music, as with violent bodily motions and gestures.
4. Slang. liveliness; spirit; excitement.
5. Slang. insincere, exaggerated, or pretentious talk: Don't give me any of that jazz about your great job!
6. Slang. similar or related but unspecified things, activities, etc.: He goes for fishing and all that jazz.
–adjective
7. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of jazz.
–verb (used with object)
8. to play (music) in the manner of jazz.
9. Informal.
a. to excite or enliven.
b. to accelerate.
10. Slang: Vulgar. to copulate with.
–verb (used without object)
11. to dance to jazz music.
12. to play or perform jazz music.
13. Informal. to act or proceed with great energy or liveliness.
14. Slang: Vulgar. to copulate.
—Verb phrase
15. jazz up, Informal.
a. to add liveliness, vigor, or excitement to.
b. to add ornamentation, color, or extra features to, in order to increase appeal or interest; embellish.
c. to accelerate.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult