hey, do you think it'll be gd for a floyd rose to be installed on a strat? i'm hoping that with the right gear and settings, i can get a js sound on a strat. plus, will the floyd rose change the strat's sound?
Yea dude Fender already made one. It's a Standard Fat Strat with the Floyd Rose already installed they go for $499.99
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
it won't change the sound much, or at all.

for 500$, i'm kinda thinking somethingis wrong. because an original Floyd Rose is about 300$ alone.
Quote by nan0
it won't change the sound much, or at all.

for 500$, i'm kinda thinking somethingis wrong. because an original Floyd Rose is about 300$ alone.

you are wrong, sir. routing any wood near the bridge area can change the sound drastically. that is the most sensitive wood concerning tone of a guitar, that of which is around the bridge area.
Quote by htsktim91989
you are wrong, sir. routing any wood near the bridge area can change the sound drastically. that is the most sensitive wood concerning tone of a guitar, that of which is around the bridge area.

that and the fact that the strings run over different material.

if you want a satch sound, you're best of with an ibanez, as a strat bridge pup might sound a bit gay.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
fender knecks are bent - its hard to explain kind of like this --> ) so the middle of the kneck you will get some dead nots and then either end might be high.
Quote by vickers89
fender knecks are bent - its hard to explain kind of like this --> ) so the middle of the kneck you will get some dead nots and then either end might be high.

mm ??
I've never noticed that..are you sure it wasnt just ****ed up relief on the neck?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
You could always get a Floyd Rose Original Series DSOT3.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The Floyd will change the tone, although not drastically. I have a Floyd Rose Strat. To me it makes it sound a little more resonant than a regular Strat.