Page 1 of 3
I was having a discussion with a friend a kinda might have prooven that we don't exist.

If we call the begining of time A, and present time B. If we presume that A was 10^1000000 million years ago, what existed 100 million years before that? This is a catch 22, which results in that A was infinite amount of time ago. Therefore infinite time must have passed between A and B and it is impossible for infinite time to pass, therefore we don't exist.

There must be something wrong with my theory, so please let me know what it is.
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana
Last edited by babakkatt at Sep 18, 2007,
Quote by babakkatt
I was having a discussion with a friend a kinda might have prooven that we don't exist.

If we call the begining of time A, and present time B. If we presume that A was 10^1000000 million years ago, what existed 100 million years before that? This is a catch 22, which results in that A was infinite amount of ime ago. Therefore infinite time must have passed between A and B and it is impossible for infinite time to pass, therefore we don't exist.

Most people just don't care.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...

Thats too mush thinking for me to do..

after i got up to "If we presume that A" it went blurry, and said blah blah blahhhh
Please share whatever you were smoking at the time. kthxbai
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sorry, but nothing...Nothing existed before the Big Bang. Time simply didn't exist at that time. No Time = Nothing, simply nothing, no atoms, no matter...Just nothing.
There isn't something wrong with your theory, there's everything wrong with your theory.

Lets assume that rodents are made of toast, and therefore that toasters are used to cook rodents. I've never seen a toaster with a rodent in and therefore ELVIS ISN'T DEAD.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Actually this is a VERY good question, and it's actually the question that proved the universe must have began at some finite point. If it had ALWAYS been here, then we wouldn't be here now because there'd be an infinite length of time between "now" and some point X years ago. Make sense? If you assume the universe started at a fixed "date" then that problem does not exist

Quote by Rankles
There isn't something wrong with your theory, there's everything wrong with your theory.

Lets assume that rodents are made of toast, and therefore that toasters are used to cook rodents. I've never seen a toaster with a rodent in and therefore ELVIS ISN'T DEAD.

Naa man, it's a very intelligent question, just poorly worded
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Nope, your just saying that the world must have come into existence at a relative point in time, hence big bang theory.
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Quote by denizenz
There is a problem with your theory...we do exist.

Also, non of this matters if natural law, time, matter, and space all reside or were created by an infinite being...

Well, can anyone proove such a being exists?

EDIT:
Quote by thebassmaster
Nope, your just saying that the world must have come into existence at a relative point in time, hence big bang theory.

Well, there cant have been "nothing" before big bang, maybe a complete balance between matter and anti-matter, but there can't have been "nothing".
Just because your logic is completely ****ed doesn't mean we don't exist. If we didn't exist, then the pit wouldn't exist. And that's not the kind of world I want to live in.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by thebassmaster

I beat you to it
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
I beat you to it

argh....
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Quote by Allnightmask22
Most people just don't care.

+5,999,999,999
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by thebassmaster

The problem with Big Bang is that in order for something to "bang" you need time. You're talking about cause and effect in a timeless, spaceless void. There is a reason it's just a theory...

Also, the quantum fluctuation needed to actually create matter from nothing is only known to work within the boundaries of our natural laws of physics. How could natural laws exist before everything else in order to produce the necessary matter or singularity to have expanded in the first place?
The fact that you are able to doubt our existence is proof that we exist.

Quote by René Descartes
But I have convinced myself that there is absolutely nothing in the world, no sky, no earth, no minds, no bodies. Does it now follow that I too do not exist? No: if I convinced myself of something [or thought anything at all] then I certainly existed. But there is a deceiver of supreme power and cunning who is deliberately and constantly deceiving me. In that case I too undoubtedly exist, if he is deceiving me; and let him deceive me as much as he can, he will never bring it about that I am nothing so long as I think that I am something. So, after considering everything very thoroughly, I must finally conclude that the proposition, I am, I exist, is necessarily true whenever it is put forward by me or conceived in my mind. (AT VII 25; CSM II 16–17)
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

i do not agree with this theory. just because time is considered "infinite", what is truly time? time is but a man made standard of measurement.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Quote by Child In Time
I think therefore I am.

We exist.
And thus, he denied the existence of both jam and fish sticks.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by babakkatt

If we call the begining of time A, and present time B. If we presume that A was 10^1000000 million years ago, what existed 100 million years before that? This is a catch 22, which results in that A was infinite amount of time ago. Therefore infinite time must have passed between A and B and it is impossible for infinite time to pass, therefore we don't exist.

i want what hes on
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Quote by Tuneman
What says an infinfinate amount of time can't pass?

How about the word infinite?
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
thats just plainly stupid. who decides how time is measured?

Well, think about it. A day is just one complete rotation of the earth on its axis. Who decided to make that process a standard increment of measuring time? Humans. Each day is comprised of 24 increments, hours, which are further man made. 60 mins, 60 seconds, and so on.

Time as an object simply does not exist at all. It's not concrete, but merely a system which measures "when" something happens.

Why doesn't an hour have 120 minutes instead of 60? Then we would have only 12 hours in a day. It is still a perfect fit in what we consider a day. It's like this because it's just an agreed upon standard.
Quote by nzeese

Time as an object simply does not exist at all. It's not concrete, but merely a system which measures "when" something happens.

Tell that to just about any theoretical physicist. Time is very much "an object" or at the very least space-time is.

Edit: And no one has cared to address my last post on the first page.
Quote by nzeese
Well, think about it. A day is just one complete rotation of the earth on its axis. Who decided to make that process a standard increment of measuring time? Humans. Each day is comprised of 24 increments, hours, which are further man made. 60 mins, 60 seconds, and so on.

Why doesn't an hour have 120 minutes instead of 60? Then we would have only 12 hours in a day. It is still a perfect fit in what we consider a day. It's like this because it's just an agreed upon standard.

Totally. Just think we could of got this all wrong and we're going to implode.
Quote by babakkatt

What are you talking about? It's just like a series of numbers. 'A' would be 0 and 'B' would be 2007. Technically, time will go on for eternity. I wouldn't say there's an infinite gap between the two.

This isn't "your theory", this kind of stuff has been done a billion times before and everyone's thought of it along with most other pseudo-intellectual spewage. No offense.
Quote by nzeese

Because then you'd be saying, "Why isn't an hour 60 minutes long???"
Quote by denizenz
Tell that to just about any theoretical physicist. Time is very much "an object" or at the very least space-time is.

Edit: And no one has cared to address my last post on the first page.

Well there is a reason that you always hear of the space-time continuum rather than the time continuum. Also, there is a reason why that branch of physics is theoretical.

As for the Big Bang, that's pretty much proven. The light caused by the massive explosion is still traveling through our universe. If you have ever read any sort of theory or hypothesis concerning space, you would know that the universe is expanding rapidly. This light is still present, but in the lower end of the spectrum which is not visible to humans. The light is still present as radio waves. As the universe expands, so do the wavelengths of the light that the Big Bang caused. Compare the ratio of the expansion of the universe to the expansion of the light waves caused by the Big Bang, you end up with a very similar ratio. The velocity of this expansion can be traced all the way back to just before t=0, or, the Big Bang.
Quote by nzeese

well humans had to have some sense of time. otherwise anyone could've said, why aren't there 1,000,000,000 hours in a day? then everyone would be less than 1 day old, wooooo.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Rankles

Let's take that theory further and presume that when rodents are heated at more than 70 degrees C, Elvis gets cloned.

(Invalid img)
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by nzeese

As for the Big Bang, that's pretty much proven. The light caused by the massive explosion is still traveling through our universe. If you have ever read any sort of theory or hypothesis concerning space, you would know that the universe is expanding rapidly. This light is still present, but in the lower end of the spectrum which is not visible to humans. The light is still present as radio waves. As the universe expands, so do the wavelengths of the light that the Big Bang caused. Compare the ratio of the expansion of the universe to the expansion of the light waves caused by the Big Bang, you end up with a very similar ratio. The velocity of this expansion can be traced all the way back to just before t=0, or, the Big Bang.

The fact that the universe had a finite beginning has been proven...the Big Bang is far from a complete theory for the reasons I stated on page one...and others of course.
Quote by Archaon
What are you talking about? It's just like a series of numbers. 'A' would be 0 and 'B' would be 2007. Technically, time will go on for eternity. I wouldn't say there's an infinite gap between the two.

How the hell can time start when Jesus is claimed to be born!?
Humans have no concept of infinity. Whats to say there ever was a time when nothing existed, be it time, space or matter. Logically, it an impossiblity. Needless to say, the theory that something has always existed is improbable, but it follows the conservation of energy, at least.
Well if we're not real i guess y'all wont care i'm banging your respective mothers.

Phew, that coulda been akward
Screw you guys, i'm goin home
Page 1 of 3