Its $30 im a student can someone give me a review?

I loved heavier than heaven, and also motley crue the dirt is my favourite book ever is scar tissue anything like that and is it worth the cash?

any other good class rock books?
Ask pretty much the entire modern rock forum. We've all read it.

I recommend it, although Anthony's writing style takes a little of getting used to.

However, what I like about the book is how he doesn't big anything he's done up. He tells it like he's right beside you. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Worth reading, yes, but as was said, his writing style does take some getting used to. I'd recommend it, though.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
interesting thanks for the feed back what is it about his writing style? third person or not clear or?

so its entirely written by him? not narater or whatever or written by an auto biographer
His style is very conversational, it's almost like he told the entire story verbally, and someone wrote down what he said word-for-word.

He wrote the entire biography, but I think there may have been a foreword. Don't quote me, though.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
It's a pretty good book, despite half of it about him going into rehab then going clean for a while, before going back in to rehab again.
I too loved Heavier than Heaven, and the Dirt is stil my favorite book ever.

That being said, Scar Tissue is definitely worth the money.
I liked crue's book too....I bet this is nothing against it.

But then again my GF has it and she said she enjoyed it.
cool, yeh the dirt is probably like ... how to describe it... incredibly gripping especially some of the hevay **** involving Vince I couldnt put it down!
Wow just finished reading that. Thought it was excellent, Chilli peppers aren't my most favourite band but i do like them but i really enjoyed the book.

Anthony Kiedis has lead such a hectic life it's hard to believe he's still standing, reading about his relationship with his dad was out of this world what they used to get up to, and hanging around doing drugs with Led Zeppelin at the age of 12 ti's not hard to believe he would become the frontman of a world famous band.

Seriously man, buy it, borrow it, steal it, whatever make sure you read it.
I have awesome hair
Yeah it's great well worth the money.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by cagnius
Ask pretty much the entire modern rock forum. We've all read it.

I recommend it, although Anthony's writing style takes a little of getting used to.

However, what I like about the book is how he doesn't big anything he's done up. He tells it like he's right beside you. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't agree. I think he "bigs up" a fair amount.
To answer your question, yes, it is definatly a good read. I couldn't take it out of my hands!
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Quote by Allnightmask22
His style is very conversational, it's almost like he told the entire story verbally, and someone wrote down what he said word-for-word.

That may be exactly what happened.

About the book, it's pretty much his usual post-opiate self, reflecting on his somewhat crazy life.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
Quote by Caressing Death
I don't agree. I think he "bigs up" a fair amount.
To answer your question, yes, it is definatly a good read. I couldn't take it out of my hands!

Really? I just can't see it.

Everything was described - not flippantly - but just as it was. There was no hype about anything he did and no plea for pity; it was just a factual recount. So I thought, anyway
Terms and Conditions apply.
used from amazon it's less than 5$plusshipping for paperback, or like $12+shippinghardcover
Quote by alex_haeni
Bahah, i just got BUTSECKS to work.
Gawd, Scar Tissue is IMMENSE! I loved the bit with Jack Sherman, and how Anthony takes the piss out of him in the book.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild