ok iam starting to think about getting something new for my guitar, an amp or a guitar, and iam not quite sure, i got a epiphone g 400, its in good condition needs a frett replaced, the guitar is really good, plays great and everything, now to my amp, i got a 30 watt vox valvetronix, which i love, if i where to get a better amp, what size and what kind should i get, i play classic rock mainly,

so i guess my question is, what should i get next a new guitar or a new amp? and what are you recommendations for each, i dont wanna spend much more then $450
it really depends. both your guitar and amp are of a similar quality, basically. the g400 is a nice budget-ish guitar, while the vox is a nice budget-ish solid state amp.

For classic rock, unless you play a lot of stuff which needs single coils, I'd probably consider a nice tube amp. Will you be playing gigs?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'd say go with the new amp 'cause you can always edit the sound of the guitar with pickup changes and such. probably a good tube amp
well we kinda have a jam band, and we all wanna gig, so if the time ever comes, a 30 watt amp might not do it, but what kinda would be good for my price range, and suggestions,
Quote by Greg_23
ok iam starting to think about getting something new for my guitar, an amp or a guitar, and iam not quite sure, i got a epiphone g 400, its in good condition needs a frett replaced, the guitar is really good, plays great and everything, now to my amp, i got a 30 watt vox valvetronix, which i love, if i where to get a better amp, what size and what kind should i get, i play classic rock mainly,

so i guess my question is, what should i get next a new guitar or a new amp? and what are you recommendations for each, i dont wanna spend much more then $450

if you like the tone of the vox you should stick with it unless you are going to start gigging or something. but if you like the stuff now i dont know why you would upgrade. not many good amps are out there for under 450 unless you just want a solid state or something.
30 watt valve would be enough for gigging.

that crate palomino/v-series 30 watter may be worth considering, though i haven't tried it (but have heard generally good things). i think it's around $450, maybe $500. Peavey classic 30 would also be worth a look, though if memory serves, in the states it's closer to $600. of course if you'll go second hand, both of those would be under budget, you could maybe even stretch to a traynor ycv too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well if iam gonna get a new amp it would be bigger then 30 watts, and i never knew 30 watts is good for gigging, but i think iam leaning towards a guitar, cuz i got mine used so its getting up there in age, a squire strat with some new pickups or somthing?
as long as you've been looking after your guitar, it should be fine... i mean those 50's gibsons are still fine...

30 watt valve would be plenty for gigging, while 30 watt solid state (such as your valvetronix) might not be... valves just sound louder. even though it doesn't sound it, a 30 watt full-tube amp would be an upgrade on your valvetronix.

EDIT: of course, if you fancy something with single coils, that might be another matter. In that case, i'm not sure what you should do. but i'd still probably veer towards the amp, especially if you're considering gigging.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?