So I gotta write a 4-5 page paper on what I think cultural blindness is and how it affects people in our society. It can be on any society of people I choose... But I dunno how to even really define cultural blindness. That is what my thesis is supposed to be and the basis of my paper.

Sooooo.... What is cultural blindness to you and what group of people do you think it affects the most?
To me, cultural blindness is similar to cultural ignorance, its where people in society go around with stereotypes on mind sorta thing.

i.e. Americans (western society as a whole, but americans more so) mostly have a HUGE stereotype against Muslims due to certain events that have gone on in the past, and seem to think that majority of people from this religion share the same beleifs and desires as the extremist terrorists.

Which is of course not true.
I think cultural blindness is ignorant assumptions of other cultures and races. But then what do I know?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
My favorites on this topic are the fact that cultural groups have special things that are supposedly to promote equality but only serve to strengthen segregation.

BET - Black entertainment television
Black history month
Stonewall Book Award - For gay, lesbian, and transgender literature.
Just to name a few.
If everyone is equal then why make diversity such a big issue? I understand learning about other cultures, but there has got to be a better way for integration.
It's basically chavs hate metalheads and metalheads hate chavs

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by denizenz
My favorites on this topic are the fact that cultural groups have special things that are supposedly to promote equality but only serve to strengthen segregation.

BET - Black entertainment television
Black history month
Stonewall Book Award - For gay, lesbian, and transgender literature.
Just to name a few.
If everyone is equal then why make diversity such a big issue? I understand learning about other cultures, but there has got to be a better way for integration.

+1.

Cultural blindness is the inability for society to see that the more they promote diversity and cultural pride within a given society, the more they strengthen the divides between those diverse cultures. Then they wonder why no progress has been made and try to remedy the situation by segregating people even more.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by Hakanku
To me, cultural blindness is similar to cultural ignorance, its where people in society go around with stereotypes on mind sorta thing.

i.e. Americans (western society as a whole, but americans more so) mostly have a HUGE stereotype against Muslims due to certain events that have gone on in the past, and seem to think that majority of people from this religion share the same beleifs and desires as the extremist terrorists.

Which is of course not true.

+1
666 BRO
Quote by Allnightmask22
+1.

Cultural blindness is the inability for society to see that the more they promote diversity and cultural pride within a given society, the more they strengthen the divides between those diverse cultures. Then they wonder why no progress has been made and try to remedy the situation by segregating people even more.

Affirmative... action...
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.