hellllllooo.

just this sunday, i purchased a Vox AD15VT amp (below) as an upgrade from a real real noobie beginner amp, and i really like it and the tone and all its settings and everything, but i'm thinking about getting a basic distortion pedal just for easier and even better sounding distortion.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_vox_valvetronix_ad15vt_15w_guitar_combo?full_sku=102640570

so i had my eyes on just the typical Boss DS-1 distortion pedal; it's a good price and i've heard that it's the modern punk/emo sound i'm kinda looking for, with the ability to reach heavier distortion, but not as metal sounding as the Metalcore Boss pedal (which isn't really the sound i want).

But anyways, my main question is this...when i buy that pedal from wherever, does it come with the line to hook into my amp? or do i have to buy that separately?
So the air's getting colder
and the news keeps us scared.

Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
You have to buy a seperate cable so you can plug into the amp.
Cables aren't included.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
ohh.
so i have to like buy one of those same cables that plugged in the guitar to the amp for like 15 bucks or whatever?

haha, yeah i only have one.

so can i go cheap then with this cable? or should i still try and buy a decent one (and how much $$?)

well if you get a cheap one, your gonna get the quality you pay for, and speaking of patch cords, sometime my guitar cuts out, could that be due to me hitting my patch cord or stuff, my friend said the more it comes in contact with stuff, the cable breaks down, like the sautdering and that stuff, i do bang my patch cord around alot, so would that be the cause of the cutting out from time to time.