hey this is probly a retarded question but does any one have any tips on incorporating pinch harmonics into solos?
I just do it if I am like bending a note for a long time, on the last bend or last few bends i'll throw in one...
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
use them on the ending root notes of the scales you are playing........obviously thats just one option
Quote by sowhat360
use them on the ending root notes of the scales you are playing........obviously thats just one option

Yeah that really rocks, especially if you unbend the note afterwards with a tremolo, some tones lower!

You can also use a pinch-harmonic on the 4th-to-#4th bend or at the b3rd-to-2nd unbend (if you play in minor and if you have a tremolo)
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

=>40 Watt RMS Yorkville Traynor YCV-40 valve amplifier

=>30 Watt Tech 21 NYC - Trademark 30 solid amplifier

=>Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby pedal
ok thx fort he tips guys im just learning pinch harmonics and tapping now so im a bit noob at them
Quote by sowhat360

Thats one way to do it, but its all a matter of how and what you really want to do in your solo. Mix it up and don't be held back by "rules."

If it sounds good go for it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I just use them on notes that really need emphasis, but it's all based on personal preference.

That said, a really wicked bent pinch harmonic can sound amazing when placed right. Just listen to the solo in "Floods".
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
how do i bend a pinch harmonic... i thought i had to pick the note on the note which is a harmonic and than mute it
No.
Just after you pick the note with a downstroke, you turn your hand some degrees to the right, so that the thumb quickly contacts with the string.
After an hour of practise you'll get it right
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

Quote by natedapunk
on the fret or on above the pickups?

You'll pick above the pickups ofcourse!
You know what? It will be easier if you contact your thumb on the string from the beginning.
Remember: do it downstroke

i meant the mute not the pick and sorry for sounding dumb about this ive been kind of bad and neglected techniques lol