hey guys!!

I own a Roland Cube 60 and I love the amp's distortion and cleans and everything.

I don't plan to buy a tube amp soon, so I wanted to kick that noise off my amp
since it HAS NO FX LOOP, would a noise gate in front of it kill that noise?

just click PLAY and wait 2 seconds
http://www.arquivoweb.net/arquivo.php?id=3221251

the 1st noise is from clean channel
the 2nd noise is from distortion channel
Single coils or humbuckers? Any other electrical equipment (monitor especially) nearby?
Ibanez SA260
Roland Microcube
They sound the same to me... Are you using a humbucking guitar?
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
humbuckers.

the only thing nearby is my PC (and PC speakers + sub-woofer) but it makes the noise with or without the speakers turned on
Quote by ericgentz
They sound the same to me... Are you using a humbucking guitar?

yes that's irrelevant. they're pretty much the same, but the question is that if it's possible to kill it
well actually the magnets in speakers are permanent magnets so it wouldn't matter whether they are on or off. However it doesn't sound like magnetic interference. It sounds like hissing, either because you have too much treble or you don't have very loud pickups and are overcompensating with the gain control instead, or the preamp in your roland doesn't have a very good signal-noise ratio (my personal guess) try turning the treble or the gain or volume down on your amp and maybe try increasing the input level of your guitar either with a hotter pickup or a preamp pedal. If that doesn't work then you might just have to live with it i'm afraid. To be honest you can't get a completely silent amp apart from the guitar noise anyway.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
my guitar is a schecter c-1 fr, which have active pickups, so i don't thing the "don't have very loud pickups" is the problem.

thank you eddiehimself i'll try to tweek the treeble and gain
well i guess the problem is the amp

even when there's nothing in the input, it does a bit of that noise.
low volume it's OK, but it starts being anoying when i put the volume up
computers can cause hum.

loose guitar inputs and bad cable wires too.

move the amp try again.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Are you running any pedals at all? If so, how are they powered? Are you near any florescent lights/wallwarts? Is this a new problem? Is your guitar properly shielded?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
as I sais, even if nothing's in the input of the amp, the noise is there. no signal goes into the amp, and it still makes noise
so not the problem of the pedals either

2 guitars, and the're shielded, noise comes whatever guitar is plugged

i guess is just the amp.

although, if i mess will treeble and gain, the noise it's reduced a bit

anyway, only at high volumes this noise is noticeable. otherwise i have to put my ear 1 inch to the speaker to ear it

guess the plans of not buying a new amp just changed

thks everyone
Turn your monitor off;
seriously I have the same problem with my cube, when your monitor's off, the hum will go away
Same here, Cube 60 near TV = bad. I usually counter it (if I'm playing when the TV's on, it's relatively noiseless otherwise) by turning the tone down on my guitar.
what monitor are you talking about?

I ain't got a TV in the room where the amp is
^he means the PC monitor, y'know the one you're looking at right now.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
the monitor is not the problem either
it's a TFT btw. I turned it off and nothing happened. my old "box monitor" used to do that but not this one

so i guess the noise gate won't stop the noise, right?
Try moving the amp to other areas of the house just to confirm that the problem isn't isolated to just your practice area.
well i tried that and didn't work

AGAIN: WOULD A NOISE GATE KILL THAT NOISE???
It might kill the noise, but noise gates also have limitations. The threshold has to be adjusted just right to let the full guitar note and pick attack through, then kick in during the "silent" parts between notes. You could try one. It may or may not work depending on the level of the noise. If you set the threshold too low you cut off the pick attack and limit sustain, too high and the noise just gets through.
go to my profile and see My Groups

well I'll try to get a noise gate and see how it works
Quote by Tweak88
well i tried that and didn't work

AGAIN: WOULD A NOISE GATE KILL THAT NOISE???

All caps is not nice.. it's considered shouting and quite rude.. especially when requesting guidance.

And yes, if you throw a noise gate at it hopefully you will break it, thus... killing that noise.

But, plugging the noise gate into the front of your amp will not fix your problem. Don't waste your money.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
sorry i didn't mean to be rude. next time i'll underline it

well thank you all
cube 20
i have- same problem here- of course a noisgate brings down the noise when no note is played on the guitar- playing notes or chords opens the gate and the noise will be back as long as the gate is open!
but with this amp the noise comes from a bad grounding-youll hear the difference when you turn up the volume and touch a metallpart of the chasis where its written cube 20 - press your thumb on and - tada 34.6 percent less noise- im no electrician -but you could take of one shoe and....
the thing needs a better grounding and all of us that love the wonderfull cube 20 -30-60 will hear less noise-
more funny than the noise is that nowadays noone listens to other people anymore still erverybody comments like beeing japanes and having built these orange beauties