Hello everyone. I've been playing the guitar for 2 months now, 1.5 at a teacher.So, my grandma had me promise I'd play some guitar songs for my granpa on his birthday.My problem is that I've pretty much played only exercises that have little musicality involved in them, plus, so I know of no songs that I could play. I've tried Bach's Bouree, it's a lovely song,love practising it, but I'm very short on time(3 days) and don't think I can perfect it to a decent enough level to perform. I've got one other song which is easy, but sounds really good, so I think one more would be enough. Can you reccomend me a nice song that won't take too long(generally) to learn?
P.S: Something lyric, classical.
Last edited by Benedetto at Sep 18, 2007,
Quote by M.B.MetalTabber
Classico by Tenacious D, it's pretty simple and it's basically a classical medley...

haha yes but can you imagine him singing that to his grandad?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Does he have to sing it? He could say that he composed it himself, and a lot of classical stuff didn't have words, just the occasional "umm", so to speak
Man you've got some demanding grandparents. Play something simple, whatever you play, they're gonna think it's cool, seeing their grandchild play guitar. Play what you like. Play something accoustic. Whatever it is, they'll think it's cool. Heck, learn how to play Sweet Home Alabama, or Good Riddance by Green Day.
Quote by the_stickman
Man you've got some demanding grandparents. Play something simple, whatever you play, they're gonna think it's cool, seeing their grandchild play guitar. Play what you like. Play something accoustic. Whatever it is, they'll think it's cool. Heck, learn how to play Sweet Home Alabama, or Good Riddance by Green Day.

+1
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
yeh i aggree with stickman... but you gotta play the "happy birthday to you.. happy birthday dear grandpa.. happy birthday ot you"song
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
nah, it's not my grandparents that are demanding, It's actually me that is maybe demanding too much from myself and being a perfectionist.I will try Classico by Tenacious D, should sound pretty well(won't sing ofc :P) , hope they like it. Thanks a bunch guys
Last edited by Benedetto at Sep 18, 2007,
play somethings that is oldie XD
that will suit the taste of your granpa..
something that will touche his heart XD
something that will tell how special he is XD
hahah so lovely isn't?
Play whatever is it that you've learned how to play so far. Just explain beforehand to your grandparents that you haven't been playing very long yet, and that you don't know a lot of different stuff. I'd be truely amazed if either of your grandparents were dissappointed in you if you made mistakes even. More than likely they will be quite proud of you for playing what you are able to, and also for the simple act of giving them the gift of music from their grandchild. I know I would! The time for being a perfectionist is not now. Save that for when you are alone practising. Play as much and as best as you can, and play from the heart, and they will love it and you for it.