I went to my local Georges Music Store and the dude there told me that a Tube Screamer distortion pedal would work really nice with my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40w tube amp. I was wondering if anybody could give me more insight or personal experiences with this set up. Im getting the petal to give this amp some more distortion, because its pretty weak for anything other than blues (the distortion, that is) and i just wanna be able to have some nice distortion when i want it.
Thanks in advance.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
try it out, id recomend you look at either maxon or ibanez TS808/9.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Tubescreamer is by no means a distortion pedal, it's an overdrive. Big difference.
Smooth overdrive. You won't get too much gain from it though.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
maybe get Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion... or Big Muff... or RAT
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Quote by SoccerRM1
I went to my local Georges Music Store and the dude there told me that a Tube Screamer distortion pedal would work really nice with my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40w tube amp. I was wondering if anybody could give me more insight or personal experiences with this set up. Im getting the petal to give this amp some more distortion, because its pretty weak for anything other than blues (the distortion, that is) and i just wanna be able to have some nice distortion when i want it.
Thanks in advance.

they would work well together, I agree, especially for classic rock/blues. For anything harder > forget it.
Quote by SoccerRM1
Thanks in advance.

Normally, I'd tell you to dismiss this completely, considering the fact that he doesn't know the difference between overdrive and distortion. But, it may not be a bad idea. You won't be getting super high-gain out of that amp no matter what you do to it(slight exaggeration; but, acknowledge that it would be very difficult). But, with a TS, you can definitely boost your gain enough for Classic Rock and some Metal.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.