what do you think about behringer stompboxes a what some stompboxes but a dont have loads of money to spend
i want boss stuff but its 2 expencive
are digetech pedals any good
Last edited by frantic*** at Sep 18, 2007,
i used to have the behringer acoustic moddeler pedal and it had a realy loud hiss even when it was off and after a few weeks it just stopped working completely.
and i have only heard bad things about the others.
not sure about others realy, you could try danoelectro
Ultra metals cheap, which provides a cheapish "metal" tone, try one and see, ive got one but dont use it anymore cause my half stacks distortion is better.

Dictionaries are cool too.
I Love Oreos, And im English =D
They're not worth the money. They sound like crap, and they'll break if you step too hard on them. Even if you don't, they'll break soon anyway.
danelectro, they work great and last long, extremely cheap (like 10-15 bucks a piece). The only downside is they're plastic so you can't be too rough with them.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
danelectro sounds good..ive owned the ultra metal, and to be honest it is the WORST piece of equipment i've owned. It sounds nasal and extremely trebley.

Burn in hell, Behringer.
Quote by shredmeiser101
danelectro, they work great and last long, extremely cheap (like 10-15 bucks a piece). The only downside is they're plastic so you can't be too rough with them.

+52. The FAB pedals are really good for the price (well, the distortion pedals are supposed to be... not sure about the others)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by troykeenan
the danelectro's look ugly in my opinion

a very good reason why people buy stompboxes. Just no, sir. No.
I have a Behringer Vintage Distortion pedal and wah, the distotion is okay but the wah is broke. . but when it was in use it wasnt too bad but i'm sure some 'real' wahs will sound much better
I use vintage bosses normally. are there any cheap acoustic simulator effect pedal that are ok?
I had a VD-1 and still have a Delay. They both work great, VD-1 bypass was **** though. If the pedals are breaking when your stepping on them, time to run the treadmill?
Quote by Varkunus
well i got an MG
Behringer is known for being absolute shite quality. I have never heard a piece of guitar-related equipment from Behringer sound anything but bollocks.
Some of the mixing/PA gear is half decent, on the other hand.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
why do people come onto the forum and ask for a suggestion... only to defend their own choices? I own several Behringer pedals and i regret each and everyone... you want to buy? i can send... otherwise save up for boss pedals or some of the higher end digitech stuff... BTW the metal pedals are garbage... just double up on distortion or use some sort of tube overdrive just like Kirk Hammett does...
Some of the Behringer pedals have the same exact circuit from a few of the more sought after pedals from what I've read. A friend of mine has the overdrive. He tweaked the circuit and installed a true bypass switch and it did a lot for the pedal.

If you're not up for modding pedals, then I would suggest you go used. Check out craigslist, gbase and ebay and try to hunt down a deal.
Quote by zwound
a very good reason why people buy stompboxes. Just no, sir. No.

^+1 lol
The wah pedal from Behringer sucks like hell.It won't bypass
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by frantic***
what do you think about behringer stompboxes a what some stompboxes but a dont have loads of money to spend

I own the Danelectro EQ pedal and I like it a lot. It also got very good reviews. I wouldn't worry too much about the construction of the pedal even the housing is plastic. It is pretty thick and i havent had any problems although I do not truely "stomp" on the EQ pedal cause I always leave it on.
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by TwoString
Some of the Behringer pedals have the same exact circuit from a few of the more sought after pedals from what I've read. A friend of mine has the overdrive. He tweaked the circuit and installed a true bypass switch and it did a lot for the pedal.

If you're not up for modding pedals, then I would suggest you go used. Check out craigslist, gbase and ebay and try to hunt down a deal.

Aren't they all made with SMD components?