About how much do you guys think it'll cost to replace a broken nut. Also keep your mind out of the gutter please lol.
you can buy a precut for a few dollars and put it in.

or you can pay about $25-30 usd.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
problems with ur nuts eh pal?
lol in all seriousness friend what kind of nut is it just a regular one or a double locking one from a floyd rose?
MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:
"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"
The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Oh, lol forgot to say that, It's just a regular one. no trem. lol I was restringing it, and noticed what appeared to be a crack in it. Well it was and with in a half an hour of playing it snaped off next to the 6 E, so the 6 string doesn't have anything holding it up there. I don't think I would know how to put one in. O.o lol
Quote by WickedBeast666
Oh, lol forgot to say that, It's just a regular one. no trem. lol I was restringing it, and noticed what appeared to be a crack in it. Well it was and with in a half an hour of playing it snaped off next to the 6 E, so the 6 string doesn't have anything holding it up there. I don't think I would know how to put one in. O.o lol

In that case get it done properly and ask them to talk you through it, I attempted it with no prior knowledge and snapped the new one quickly, they are quite difficult for a nooby to get back in place properly.
Yah I assumed I should, Just figured I'd ask because Luthiers or repair shops are quite a distance away lol.
well it's not really that hard.

you cut the edges (score ) the edges of the nut, tap it out, put in the new nut, serure with a little glue.

the thing that runs you into trouble sometimes, is when you can get one to fit.

but you might be able to order an exact fit thru an epi dealer.

tutorials...
http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/NewNut/newnut1.html

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/nuts.htm
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 18, 2007,
O.o didn't know there was that much about nuts Lol, my epi just has a freaking ebony wood nut.... but for some odd reason it had some wicked sustain lol. o.O I just talked to a guitar luthier he said about 20-30 bucks, so my guess would be 30 O.o I don't like when they don't give you an accual price lol.