Has anyone else seen this film? It's talking about the Hardcore Punk movement in the 80's. They talk about various bands such as Bad Brains, Black Flag, Minor Threat, ect. It's excellent.
666 BRO
own it. funny video, but also kinda sad that hardcore is over :'(
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
I just got it a few weeks ago. I wanted to see it when it came to theaters but it didn't come anywhere near me and then I forgot about it on dvd. It's pretty good.
its better on the big screen
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Yeah, I own the movie and the book.

The book is a lot better. It talks about the Dead Kennedys, the Misfits, the Dicks, and a bunch of other bands that got next to no mention in the movie.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
Yeah, I own the movie and the book.

The book is a lot better. It talks about the Dead Kennedys, the Misfits, the Dicks, and a bunch of other bands that got next to no mention in the movie.

Agreed. I didn't read all the book because I've never really cared about most hardcore from the north east, but the chapter on Texas punk was great. I love those bands. The movie didn't hardly mention them.
Does anybody know a place I can read the book online?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I saw it. Alot of it just reminded my why I dislike hardcore so much.
I own it. Its alright. Too much of it wa center on Black Flag, Bad Brains, and Minor Threat though. Im pretty sure the DKs and the Misfits weren't even mentioned in the film.
Quote by sargasm
I saw it. Alot of it just reminded my why I dislike hardcore so much.
Yeah I hate hardcore except for like 3 bands. I'm more interested in the scene and the diy aspect of hardcore
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i loved this movie, saw it as soon as it came out. harcore in the pure form. too bad it had to die and be reincarnated as metalcore.

now for everyone whos gonna complain about me dissing metalcore. i like metal core, its good in its own instance. but dont call it hardcore.
my sh*t:
Fender Precision Bass
Johnson Bass by Axl
custom Road handwired 2-12
Dunlop Tortex .73s
Quote by element4433
Yeah I hate hardcore except for like 3 bands. I'm more interested in the scene and the diy aspect of hardcore

Yeah the only old school hardcore band I like really is Gorilla Biscuits. I just thought the movie was interesting.
hardcore rocks. end of story.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by opivy21
Agreed. I didn't read all the book because I've never really cared about most hardcore from the north east, but the chapter on Texas punk was great. I love those bands. The movie didn't hardly mention them.

Yeah, I was born in Texas, and only lived there when I was a wee tot, but I still like to remember it fondly as my home state, and all that other sentimental bull****. So i'm glad the book touched on it.

But yeah they probably had a hard time getting interviews from a lot of some people, which kind of ****ed the movie up. I wanted to see Jello give an interview, but he pretty much hates the idea of being referred to as a punk, so I really didn't get me hopes up that much.

I also didn't see any stuff about queer punks, which really bummed me out. I mean sure they had Dave Dictor saying he was gay, but they barely talked about it. Hardcore and punk in general is one of the few groups that is okay with the gays, and so I thought, "hey, maybe they'll talk about that." Nope. The book went into it, but the movie barely said a thing.

Us queer punks get no respect.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Yeah the only old school hardcore band I like really is Gorilla Biscuits. I just thought the movie was interesting.
Them and Bad Brains are the only ones I can think of right now.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Them and Bad Brains are the only ones I can think of right now.

Big Boys are super, they put "Brick Wall" on there, thats an OK song, but they have so many awesome songs. Same with MDC and DOA. For DOA "The Prisoner" is a very good song, that song rocks.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
i dunno, both were good. Decline happened while the whole punk thing was still in its peak. So i think i might have to agree on that point.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
i want to see the DOA movie, i think its called "Talk - Action = NONE"
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by axeslash
I also didn't see any stuff about queer punks, which really bummed me out. I mean sure they had Dave Dictor saying he was gay, but they barely talked about it. Hardcore and punk in general is one of the few groups that is okay with the gays, and so I thought, "hey, maybe they'll talk about that." Nope. The book went into it, but the movie barely said a thing.

Us queer punks get no respect.

how baby, how aobut i put on some Limp Wrist and we can snuggle?

i love hardcore boys, i love boys hardcore

never saw the movie, although is was featured in my city's Film Festival laster.
Quote by original=punk
how baby, how aobut i put on some Limp Wrist and we can snuggle?

i love hardcore boys, i love boys hardcore

never saw the movie, although is was featured in my city's Film Festival laster.

You know I've heard of Limp Wrist but I never looked into it. To be honest I heard some queercore music and honestly it was pretty ****ty.

I'm all for gay pride and gay empowerment, but listening to 12 songs about being proud of being gay is just like listening to 12 songs about the Casualties "UPPING THE PONX!"

The best queercore band name: Gayrilla Biscuits. Just thought I'd tell you.

So orignal=punk, do you really have any Limp Wrist? Because if you could send it to me I would give it a listen.

For a queer punk, I have a really bad collection of queercore music.

lol sodomy
Quote by misfitsdisciple
i want to see the DOA movie, i think its called "Talk - Action = NONE"

I know that's the name of one of their live albums, I know that for sure. If there is a movie, i will get it.
Quote by axeslash
I'm all for gay pride and gay empowerment, but listening to 12 songs about being proud of being gay is just like listening to 12 songs about the Casualties "UPPING THE PONX!"

So orignal=punk, do you really have any Limp Wrist? Because if you could send it to me I would give it a listen.

For a queer punk, I have a really bad collection of queercore music.

lol sodomy

well they have a myspace, which is all i've heard, and i hace 1 song on my compy at my moms house.

its basically just minor threat with queer-influenced lyrics, nothign that "special"

bassist is cute tho
i really liked this movie
i watched it with my gf
then half way through the movie her dad started to watch it
then after it was over i had to tell him the difference between hardcore and punk
it was funny
There was a lot of cool footage, but it reminded me why I dislike the hardcore scene and why the original one was destined to fail. i.e. loads of meatheads beating each other up and trying to act tough.
I love this movie. I mean, sure most hardcore bands sound exactly alike but it was really cool to learn about all the different scenes and ****. Oh, and the footage of Henry Rollins beating the **** out of a "fan".
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

Quote by original=punk
well they have a myspace, which is all i've heard, and i hace 1 song on my compy at my moms house.

its basically just minor threat with queer-influenced lyrics, nothign that "special"

bassist is cute tho

Well, I liked the frist two songs on their myspace.

What the ****, I'll grab one of their CD's soon. It's not like I have to save money for anything like college. (That's what student loans are for.)

I didn't think you'd be the queer type original=punk, you surprised me on that one.

Also yes the bass player is very nice.
Quote by axeslash
Well, I liked the frist two songs on their myspace.

What the ****, I'll grab one of their CD's soon. It's not like I have to save money for anything like college. (That's what student loans are for.)

I didn't think you'd be the queer type original=punk, you surprised me on that one.

Also yes the bass player is very nice.

meh, i just find humanity in its purist form attractive.

figure that one out people
Quote by original=punk
meh, i just find humanity in its purist form attractive.

figure that one out people

That sounds kind of gay.

Hahaha.

I'd say you sounded like a pedophile if I didn't know you were 15.
Quote by axeslash
That sounds kind of gay.

Hahaha.

I'd say you sounded like a pedophile if I didn't know you were 15.

i swear i died laughing at that.

way to go. you killed me.