im an intermediate player, looking for a nice sounding, metal guitar..i have currently a Dean Hardtail Custom, which i am in love with, but im looking for a guitar with a good distorted sound, but also a nice clean sound(this is where the dean falls a bit short) im open to any suggestions, i have almost possitive on what i want, but i would love some input.
Embrace my doom, the dead i screw, life is no more, my sole existence in gore, conjure up my grave, come near; be brave. this vine i will life, rip, the rapture deep in my head
The sounds you speak of are more related to your amp and how you adjust it. What kind of amp do you have? For cleans you really can't beat a Fender Strat w/single coil pickups. The more powerful your pickups the more they tend to drive the tubes. I assume you already tried turning down the volume on your guitar pickups,
my price range is no more then $1500
Embrace my doom, the dead i screw, life is no more, my sole existence in gore, conjure up my grave, come near; be brave. this vine i will life, rip, the rapture deep in my head
Quote by uldhppi
The sounds you speak of are more related to your amp and how you adjust it. What kind of amp do you have? For cleans you really can't beat a Fender Strat w/single coil pickups. The more powerful your pickups the more they tend to drive the tubes. I assume you already tried turning down the volume on your guitar pickups,

I think he may just be searching for a better clean tone. Usually H-H guitars (such as his Dean) don't get as nice a clean tone as some nice single coils. It doesn't necessarily have to be his amplifier.

Anyway, I really do prefer telecasters over strats. Overdriven or not.
What amp do you have?

^pugna, how do you like your Pignose G40v? I had been thinking about buying that for awhile.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.