Anyone have any experience with Randall amps? Specifically the Randall RG100SC? I have the oportunity to get one in a trade but I never really looked into this company before. Any clue as to how much it is worth. I can't find the specific model anywhere.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
I've just bought one...

I had 2 Marshalls, MG50DFX and Valvestate S80. I traded both amps in for the RG100SC. It was the best decision I ever made.

I play heavy fast metal.... Metallica, Slipknot... anything heavy. This amp really suits my sound, lots of bass without killing the distortion. It was a bit tricky getting the sound though. I tried doing it like the Marshall amps, i turned the gain and bass all the way to 10.... this amp does not work that way. I've read the reviews on Harmony Central quoting that the distortion sucks... that's because they either turned the gain all the way to 10 (hence the noise), or not cranking the volume loud enough (complaining that the dist is too weak). This amp is meant to be played LOUD!

I set my gain at 7, bass at 5, level at 4, and master volume at 5 or above to get that heavy sound that I wanted. I don't need to use a distortion pedal to get that heavy, chunky sound like I do on my Marshalls.

The clean channel on this amp is surprisingly good... very good, in fact.

You might think I'm crazy trading 2 Marshall amps for a Randall... but after you try the amp out, you'll know what I mean.
What type of music do you play?

Quote by fendushi
You might think I'm crazy trading 2 Marshall amps for a Randall... but after you try the amp out, you'll know what I mean.

Considering how ****ty those 2 Marshalls are, I don't think anybody thinks you're crazy.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i just bought one too.. I love the tone and all the different sounds you get from it.
its great for heavy metal and such..

go for it!
www.ricehatersclub.com

-Brendan
Ah so its geared towards more metal tones. This may not exactly be the amp for me in that case. How much did you pay for your fendushi if you don't mind me asking?
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by FacingUsAll
What type of music do you play?

Considering how ****ty those 2 Marshalls are, I don't think anybody thinks you're crazy.

I play mostly heavy music.... from Slipknot to Nickelback. I also play a bit of blues, my solos have a strong blues influence.

Yeah, you're right about those 2 Marshalls... I just could not get a good sound out of them when cranked up. It's the total opposite with the Randall.
Quote by OsirisProtocol
Ah so its geared towards more metal tones. This may not exactly be the amp for me in that case. How much did you pay for your fendushi if you don't mind me asking?

I paid $850 Aussie dollars for mine.

What type of music do you play? The amps got a nice clean sound, it could actually be overdriven when you turn the volume knob up to get a nice overdrive sound. Or you can use an OD pedal to boost it.
^Well I have the opportunity to pick the amp up in a trade. Turns out its the original model and not the G2. I play anything really. I do play a bit of metal from time to time but its not my main genre. I'm more of a blues to hard rock player myself. If anything I can get the amp and then sell it to pay for other gear but as of right now I'm not really interested in it.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem