so ive been playing for a while but never bought new guitars, especially online, so i need help

my Schecter C1 Classic just arrived BUT:

1) The frets, some of them are somewhat "rusty" and when i bend my notes its very rough and all... and its not just the string too because i can see orange colors and marks on the frets (frets being the small thin metal bars)

2) The protection plastic that they put on the pups, is there a special way i should take them off? or just pull them off? cuz they are stuck pretty well and tugged beneath the pups...

3) there is buzzing on some frets... is it normal with all guitars? I just have to go get the action changed and it will be perfectly fine right?

Thanksss
1. Taking care of the rust: Get new strings, the strings you have now are going to have rust resedue on them. So even if you get the rust off, the strings will transer the rust back to the frets after time, making your efforts piontless. So take those off and get new strigns. But before you put those new strings on, take some steel wool to those fret bars. Make sure you tape around the wood closest to the fret bars to avoid damage to the wood.

2. Pull them off slowly.

3. You probably won't be able to hear the "buzzing" sound coming through the amp. But yes, it is annoying to have that problem. Just adjust the action until you get the best results. Schecter is very good about setting up their guitars before they send them out. But obviously it is human error to miss a few specifics here and there.
Last edited by Thud at Sep 18, 2007,
1) iff the freasst are rust send it back
2) u can just pull that off that off but dont if your going to send it back
3) it happens,sometimes they come setup good other need it..
how bad is the fret problem?

after playing awhile, it has gotten smoother... but they are still visibly dirty
You should always get new guitars taken in for a setup (or do it yourself if you're capable).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Ill do it soon, but i want to know if the rust on the fret is a problem that i should send the guitar back...

and when i pull the thing covering the pups off, some of the stuff sticks behind... do i just wipe / scratch them off
It's just goop to hold the plastic on. You can scratch it off.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If you're gonna try sanding the frets with steel wool, make sure you also cover the pickups with masking tape or some taped down newspaper or something. The dust that you create will get stuck on the magnets and you will never get it fully clean again.
Rusty frets are unacceptable. I would send the guitar back, ask for a refund, and get a guitar from a local shop.
Statistics can be used to prove anything.

14% of people know that.
but after a while of playing and bending notes, they go away dont they?
Quote by skribbez
If you're gonna try sanding the frets with steel wool, make sure you also cover the pickups with masking tape or some taped down newspaper or something. The dust that you create will get stuck on the magnets and you will never get it fully clean again.

That's a pretty good point that I forgot to mention. Deffinatly make sure you follow that advice.

What will go away when you bend and play the notes? Just try the steel wool, everything should work out fine if you try that.