not sure but u cud try bit torent or something simular. thats wer my tech got it from and he ses its perfect
Just a note - the software doesn't really entail the total cost. Protools requires Protools compatible hardware - so unless you already have that you will have to buy all new hardware. So if you are just getting serious it might be worth, but it has an extremely steep learning curve, so if you are just starting out, or already have some decent hardware I would not recommend Protools.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Arggh! become an internet pirate! Avast Ye! Steal ProTools. its ****ing awesome by the way
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
ProTools=worth it. It does have a fairly steep learning curve (although not quite as steep as, say, Logic) but it will allow you to do just about anything you want when it comes to audio. It's still not very good as a MIDI editor, but it has gotten better over the years. The bang-for-your-buck that the MBox2 Mini gives you when it comes to home recording is almost unrivaled.
Go ahead and steal pro tools kids, you won't be able to use it!

The most basic pro tools system is the MBox mini, which retails at 200-230 pounds sterling, which comes with PTLE.

Pro Tools software alone is about £70 I believe, although that may just be the price of an upgrade.

I know for a fact that if you wanted to buy an MBox and the software separately, you'd be paying in excess of 300 pounds, so getting a package is your top dog bet.

You can also get M Powered pro tools, but at the time of writing, this isn't quite as good as the MBox - although it's quickly equalling it.