hey i've been playing bass for 3-4 years now and i have a peavey milestone II. i was just curious to see if it is time to upgrade? if so what should i get and how much should i spend? thanks
definetly i'd say it's about time you got an upgrade my boy! as for your other 2 questions, well i don't know! So i can help you, I'LL need to ask YOU a couple of questions:-

1. how much money do you have or realisticaly think you can get in a sensible amount of time?

2. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU PLAY OR WHAT TONE ARE YOU LOOKING FOR!!! sorry for being so loud but a lot of people ask the same type of question and give us no idea of this.

also if you still have a ****ty amp maybe you want to upgrade that first.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
if you still have a ****ty amp maybe you want to upgrade that first.

+1, good basses sound bad through bad amps, but bad basses sound good through good amps. Get an amp first.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
1. around $250
2. rock ska and im just starting to slap
3. i currently have a crapy blown out crate bt15 but im hopefully getting a ampeg ba112/115 in a month
4. sorry for asking a newbie questions
Last edited by TheProdigy at Sep 18, 2007,
definitly time to upgrade, but save up and buy a decent amp first, for God's sake!

maybe an ashdown blue combo or an ampeg BA115?
Quote by TheProdigy
hey i've been playing bass for 3-4 years now and i have a peavey milestone II. i was just curious to see if it is time to upgrade? if so what should i get and how much should i spend? thanks

See this is the mentality people need to drop. There's no set time or experience level you need in order to upgrade. The time to upgrade is either when A) You need more professional gear or B) You aren't pleased with the sound you have. Other than that, there isn't really anything certain. If you enjoy playing your bass, then no need to upgrade it. If your amps is lacking headroom or you can't get the sound you want, upgrade it.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I would recommend starting with an amp aswell. The BA210 would also be a wise decision. Even look into Ashdown combos.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
and after you get an amp, 250 isn't going to get you anything much better than what you've got, unless you get an amazing deal (check pawn shops that helps) so after the amp i would say save up some money