I have a Line 6 Spider III amp (don't shoot!) and it doesn't have very good grindy tones, so I'm wondering what I could get to give me a different effect. If you've listened to old Switchfoot, you know what sound I want, but it's kinda deep, high distortion, but not buzzy-smooth distortion

I know I'm a noob and I didn't describe that very well but if you can help me please do. thanks
Quote by the strikes
Banned for giving me a laugh!

Quote by nrc141
another fine example of natural selection not quite working fast enough...

Quote by Twist of fate
Oh Jesus haha
I can't wait for the day we can make superbombs from amp

^You player twist of fate!
Well, what's your price range? There'll be a load of people telling you to get a new amp, which would be a good idea, but if you don't have enough for an amp then maybe look into a Proco Rat. There's also the EHX Big Muff, but that's pretty smoothe, look at the Russian made ones instead!

Might not take well to the Spider at all though, but you could always upgrade your amp later.

Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
get a new amp! of course everyone will say that (looking into my amp and say: f.uck... I have a ****ty amp either)

but about a dist... get EHX Big Muff USA... it's a fuzz/distortion... very smooth, bassy thing... I love it
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Ig Muff, Metal Muff, or maybe a Damage Control Womanizer. Theres an MXR pedal called a Distortion +, try that too.
Quote by Evil Team
it doesn't have very good grindy tones

jesus does someone need to say that?? line6 sucks with its effects, unless you put it with a pod, but itll still suck,

and bro, your amp is the core of your guitar tone, if your amp sucks, your tone will suck as well, now you might wanna try buying i donno, the most expensive effects pedal out there, and put it through your line crap,( no offense to the ppl who like them) and youll still be getting a bad tone,

so i say get a new amp, effects wont be helping you too much
There isn't much sense throwing a good pedal in front of a crappy amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I appreciate your scathing comments. but I like my amp enough, I guess maybe I'll check a new one out later.

And I just figured out that I got ripped off $200 buying this amp.
Quote by the strikes

Quote by nrc141

Quote by Twist of fate
Oh Jesus haha

Well you should really research amps before you buy 'em bro. Well I will suggest a Big Muff, but a nice amp would help. But the pedal now, and if it doesn't help the amp much just wait to get a new amp. At least you will have the pedal for the next one.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
sell your amp to a noob...
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Evil Team
I appreciate your scathing comments. but I like my amp enough, I guess maybe I'll check a new one out later.

And I just figured out that I got ripped off $200 buying this amp.

TOOK YOU LONG ENUFF!!:stickpoke

lol i knew it the second i tried one XD

and dude, if you like your amp, then um, take it to the store, and try out pedals with it
I am a noob.

Yeah I paid $300 for that poc
Quote by the strikes

Quote by nrc141

Quote by Twist of fate
Oh Jesus haha

Quote by Evil Team
I am a noob.

Yeah I paid $300 for that poc

there there...there there...there there...dont be sad, we all make mistakes, i was gonna buy that "poc" as you put it, but i tried it out, and then i bit my hand, thinking, geez,i was gonna buy this????

now im saving for a peavey valveking, the 112 one
Quote by sum_ugly_man
there there...there there...there there...dont be sad, we all make mistakes, i was gonna buy that "poc" as you put it, but i tried it out, and then i bit my hand, thinking, geez,i was gonna buy this????

now im saving for a peavey valveking, the 112 one

You don't want a Valveking. Just because it has tubes doesnt mean it's good.

That amp is good if you want an amp that will work right for about 2-3 years, and if you dont mind every song you play sounding like old blink182