Once I sell off my Ibanez, i'm planning on buying an MIM strat, a white one with a rosewood fretboard.

I've got all of that figured out, but what about pickups? I'd be looking for spend $150 max on a bridge and neck humbucker.

Option 1: Seymour Duncan - JB in the bridge, and either a Jazz or '59 in the neck.

Option 2: Dimarzio - Mo' Joe in the bridge, PAF Joe in the next.

What should I buy? I want a bridge pickup for screaming leads for metal that I can roll down slightly for classic rock. I want a neck pickup for smooth/warm chugging rhythm, and for melodic solos.
How about spending 200 dollars and getting an EMG-81 for the bridge and an EMG-85 for the neck?
The JB has a lot of midrange and has a very crunchy and rather bright sound. It's a very dense sort of sound, if you understand what I'm trying to say.

Why don't you mix and match? Put one of each brand in your guitar. It'll be more unique.

A lot of guitars come stock with the Duncans you mentioned. I know Schecters, Fernandes, ESP and Jackson all do. In fact, if you see any guitar with Seymour Duncan's name on the humbuckers, you can almost be sure the bridge one is a JB. The neck one can be either.

I recommend you try some out first.
www.highorderpickups.com

Just tell the guy exactly what you want and he'll give it to you.

I'm really not a fan of the shriekieness of the JB.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by athlete1
How about spending 200 dollars and getting an EMG-81 for the bridge and an EMG-85 for the neck?

Because that would be pretty shitty for the sound he is trying to get? (Classic rock part especially, and EMG's humbuckers never sounded good in a fender to me)

Both of those combos sound nice to me.
i would go for a dimarzio super distortion in the bridge and an air norton in the neck
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Quote by garden of grey
Because that would be pretty shitty for the sound he is trying to get? (Classic rock part especially, and EMG's humbuckers never sounded good in a fender to me)

Both of those combos sound nice to me.

He said he wanted metal.That would be as metal as it gets.Although,the 85 is a bit more bluesy and clean.If not,then they are right,get a set of customs,which may be 150-750 and up,and get exactly what you want.
Have you considered keeping a single coil in the neck?

I don't know, I just like the single coil neck pickup in strats...
Lots of middle-high end guitars come with JB/Jazz or JB/'59 set. I would try a guitar with a JB stock in it to see if u like it. Ur DiMarzio combo would probably sound like Satriani, as those are his signature p/ups. All i could think of are a Gibson 490/496 or a 490/500 if u have the money.
Im thinking $150 max for the two pickups. I know the neck pickup sounds creamy, but im looking for a thicker classic rock rhythm tone. I love the feel/neck/size of strats, so thats why im going for one.
How about a Duncan Jb Bridge and a Dimarzio Air Norton combo? Have you considered this?
Quote by athlete1
He said he wanted metal.That would be as metal as it gets.Although,the 85 is a bit more bluesy and clean.If not,then they are right,get a set of customs,which may be 150-750 and up,and get exactly what you want.

apart from the way that EMG's sound like ass in anything bright sounding, and don't solve any pickup question. They're not overly good at much else though. Get something from Bareknuckle, Dimarzio or Swineshead

EDIT: I would strongly reccomend the D Activator in the bridge, and Chopper in the neck if you want only 2 pickups, but bear in mind that the Chopper is single coil size, despite being a bucker
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
JB and Dimarzio Air Norton? I've never thought of that, or mixing any brands together really.