i just started to listen to parkwaydrive and suicide silence wat string would be good for dropp tunin and to get tones like that
It's all preference. Strings barely make a difference to tone, and it's all about personal feel. Don't let people try to tell you what strings to get.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Whatever strings you find comfortable.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
you guys aren't ****in helping him. he wants an answer. not "oh... do whatever you want. it's all good" or "DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD USE." he's looking for advice, not a speech.
Quote by JamesCopti
you guys aren't ****in helping him. he wants an answer. not "oh... do whatever you want. it's all good" or "DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD USE." he's looking for advice, not a speech.

Anyway, I'd recommend at least 11-52's, but it depends on how low the tuning is.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
It's not like there are strings designed or playing metal music or whatever...

Just get some 10's or 11's from whatever brand has the coolest looking packaging and then go from there and try others until you find ones that you like.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
poop

No, seriously.

Use SIT strings (Stays In Tune, and NO I'm not kidding....http://www.sitstrings.com)

They are great for whichever tuning you use, easy to bend, crispy sound and really nice to feel.

Also, I use DR HandMade strings. AMAZING!, but...expensive. I use both actually.
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
People saying strings don't make a difference.. So you don't notice any difference between 8-38 compared to 11-52's? You must be deaf.

Anyway, you're going to need a heavier set if you wan't to play in drop tunings. If its drop D, try 11-52, that is fine. If you want drop C and things like that, think of going up to about 58.
parkway drive are in Drop B right?

?
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by madmk
People saying strings don't make a difference.. So you don't notice any difference between 8-38 compared to 11-52's? You must be deaf.

Anyway, you're going to need a heavier set if you wan't to play in drop tunings. If its drop D, try 11-52, that is fine. If you want drop C and things like that, think of going up to about 58.

Not any notice in sound worth the crappy feel of 11's tuned to standard.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

I used Ernie Balls Not Even Slinky (12 through 56) for D, Drop C, and B. Even used them for standard tuning too but I won't do that anymore. If you're going to use a heavy set of strings and tune low, make sure your guitar can handle it. You may need to adjust the action and stuff like that for it to work.
Quote by Kreuger
I used Ernie Balls Not Even Slinky (12 through 56) for D, Drop C, and B. Even used them for standard tuning too but I won't do that anymore. If you're going to use a heavy set of strings and tune low, make sure your guitar can handle it. You may need to adjust the action and stuff like that for it to work.

I agree with him. I got my guitar set up for the heavy strings. I'm using the one's he's talking about right now. They feel pretty great, but are pretty hard to bend *for insain full bends* That's why normally I stick with DR's handwound long life strings, because they are heavy but still bend easliy. Just I broke 2 in under a month. Which made me go string hunting again.
Quote by madmk

lmao you dont need 58s for drop c dude i can keep drop c fine in .10-.52

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
Quote by CORT noob
It's all preference. Strings barely make a difference to tone, and it's all about personal feel. Don't let people try to tell you what strings to get.

wrong strings to have a large impact on tone, whether its very heavy strings like srv used, or much lighter, and sharper sound, strings have a big impact on tone
|
Quote by Jamingguitarist
wrong strings to have a large impact on tone, whether its very heavy strings like srv used, or much lighter, and sharper sound, strings have a big impact on tone

Agreed, they do. I think they also have alittle bit on sustain too, due to the extra mass, but i'm not 100% on that. But I'm 100% on it effecting tone.
Quote by Jamingguitarist

I have 9-42's, and get really fat sounds. It's about technique, people need to stop glorifying gear.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

i'll take ANY kind of brand new strings over strings i liked but been on a guitar for more than a month. it loses tone after a while.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by WickedBeast666
Agreed, they do. I think they also have alittle bit on sustain too, due to the extra mass, but i'm not 100% on that. But I'm 100% on it effecting tone.

More mass = more energy = louder and more sustain.

Also, thicker strings have stronger fundamental frequencies, making them ideal for a really focussed sound.

Thinner strings, down downtuned, should sound boomier, but usually end up sounding floppy and weak.

For Drop B, I'd say just go for 10s with the thickest E string you can find. You may have to buy the lowest string separately.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
More mass = more energy = louder and more sustain.

Also, thicker strings have stronger fundamental frequencies, making them ideal for a really focussed sound.

Thinner strings, down downtuned, should sound boomier, but usually end up sounding floppy and weak.

For Drop B, I'd say just go for 10s with the thickest E string you can find. You may have to buy the lowest string separately.

Kinda a mixed set. right? I belive EB sells a pack that has heavy bottoms and light tops. Also so does DR, But hard to find a place to stock them. You can find them online, but if you need strings in a pinch have fun.
and anyways once strings get old(for me like a week) they start slipping more and they just get worn down
|
Gauge matters. Round wound vs. flat wound matters. Brands usually don't. The biggest difference I ever noticed in brands was GHS. For some reason they felt stiff and hard to bend. Hendrix did swear by pure nickel.
if you're gonna go really low. Ernie Ball Not Even Slinkys are good for detuning. they are thick and tight when you first put them on but they get better after a day or two
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by WickedBeast666
Kinda a mixed set. right? I belive EB sells a pack that has heavy bottoms and light tops. Also so does DR, But hard to find a place to stock them. You can find them online, but if you need strings in a pinch have fun.

Exactly. The best set that's usually easily available would be a pack of GHS boomers along with an individual E string. Not sure about the threadstarter's stores, but I know my local store has strings in all gauges, and you can get one string for a buck.