I bought a Line 6 Spider II 75W amp off a friend for 100 bucks. Its in mint condition. Is that a good deal?
well you bought a piece of crap for about half price. not that great a deal really. Should have kept the $100. Although if you're a beginner it's good for getting to grips with different sounds
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Ekim423
I bought a Line 6 Spider II 75W amp off a friend for 100 bucks. Its in mint condition. Is that a good deal?

phail
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
i'd have loved one of those for my first amp

you'll outgrow it in due time though (when you start gigging probably)

as said above its good to get used to different tones etc
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
it is an ok deal. if u have no other amp to play on, then thats decent. otherwise, its cruddy. My friend, who plays Death Metal (Job for a Cowboy is his favorite band), bought a Line 6 stack apparently for around $1600. i havent seen it, but man, was he excited. so ur not the stupidest person in the world.
Quote by qotsa1998
it is an ok deal. if u have no other amp to play on, then thats decent. otherwise, its cruddy. My friend, who plays Death Metal (Job for a Cowboy is his favorite band), bought a Line 6 stack apparently for around $1600. i havent seen it, but man, was he excited. so ur not the stupidest person in the world.

wtf. Line 6 have an HD147 head which is an amazing head. if your friend bought that, which judging by the price he did, it's a fantastic amp.
It was a Spider 3. im still a bit surprised. after i told him a JCM stack was the same amount, he wasnt conviced his decision was awful.
i think you're a beginner so don't listen to all the people that say it's crap and you should sell it. while it's true that it's not exactly one of the best sounding amps, it's good to learn all the effects and for knowing what better amp to get later on. it's a good deal.
put it this way, i was low on cash, and am going from just a 15 watt amp that came with my guitar
Aww man. Why do people buy spiders. I mean they're all right but you can get so much better for the money, as for the tc it was only $100 which is like £50 here, i £10 more than that in 2 weeks just for going to college cos of ema, so its not that bad a deal really.
and ive actually been playing for three years now so no im not a beginner i just never had the money to invest in a new amp
an expensive amp for $100? good deal. though you did get a crappy amp.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Umm, I would have tried to haggle that down at least a hundred.

Your friend just pawned off a line 6 that sounded terrible on someone who would buy it. I would honestly Ebay it for what you payed (possibly more) and get a decent amp. The spiders are TERRIBLE.

Though, if only you hear it, and you like the sound, I guess you could keep it.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
for starting out, thats a great little amp for honking out some noise. i would have loved to have one of those when i started out.

but line 6 wasn't even founded yet when i started playing..(1993)
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Vet454Stang427
It's a good deal if thats what YOU really wanted, and your friend wasn't just telling you to buy it off of him!

btw, were you using the Epi Studio 15R that comes with the "all access amp pack" ? I noticed you had a 15W in your sig.

Yeah thats exactly what i had
It is a good deal considering the price of the amp!

It should help you develope an ear for effects I guess and experiment with different sorts of distortion! So enjoy it!

Quote by Erock503
meh, I think you made out, what are you honestly going to get for $100 bucks?

This was all done with a Spider II and a tele, by a guy on these boards, line out no less.
http://media.putfile.com/Song-5v1

Thats actually pretty decent!

Cool song too!
Last edited by False_God at Sep 19, 2007,