Anyone ever hear of it? It's a music download site that's one hundred percent free...and leagal. They offer advertisements, and use the money to pay record companies. Any way, it's a great idea, but they don't have most of my ( and many of your's also) music. Any way, my idea for implementing change , is to bombard them with messages untill they give in. (and be polite about it too, it always helps ) Here's my message, feel free to base yours off of it, or even better, make a better one. Be sure to include the artists you want.

Hello Spiral Frog,

I love the idea of this website, but I'm not so satisfied with the content. I understand you're rather new and still adding content - and I'd like to make a suggestion on that last statement. You see, I understand you are working on the "popular" music right now, but there's a large but largely unnoticed group of people. Guitarists. Not just regular old guitarists, but people who like people who know what they're doing with their instrument. Which brings me to my suggestion. Some people we're looking for are Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Eric Clapton, Ritchie Blackmore, the list goes on. You have many pages on these people, but don't actually have any downloads. Does this mean you are going to get downloads soon? Anyway, I will be alerting friends on a couple guitar forums (well populated ones), telling them about the site, and encouaging to use the site...and also join in my suggesting...
Sincere and Hopeful,
Zak
I hate those guitarists though
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
I'll stick to buying my cd's thanks.

+1
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Apparently it's only available for USA and Canada...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
wow sounds like a great idea! so long as they can get a decent range of artists
sounds like a plan.
.:Just because you can sweep pick doesn't make you good:.
Quote by Yakult
I hate those guitarists though

I think the idea is you add your own bands where they are

And remove the name 'zak' from the end.
Doesn't what they can offer depend on what labels get on board with their plan?

I seriously doubt spamming them with "DUDEZ0RZ I WUNT GEETARz LULZ!!1!" is going to help them though I do like the sound of the site and support it. If you're going to spam anyone, try the record companies.
Quote by Discouraged
All of them?

It's a little thing called personal preference. Not everyone has the same taste you now
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Apparently it's cool nowadays to absolutely hate every guitarist who can play better than you.
Tiger style.
Wait, you just told them that you're going to get a load of people to email them suggesting they put songs by those people up there?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Dang, USA and Canada only? Ghey. What type of stuff do they actually have though (to anyone who can actually get on it, just so I know I'm nay missing out)?
Quote by JamieB
Wait, you just told them that you're going to get a load of people to email them suggesting they put songs by those people up there?

well, sort of. It was my message, and then I thought, Hey why not ask the friendly fellow UGer's to help...why, do you dislike/like/laugh at the idea?
Quote by MadClownDisease
Doesn't what they can offer depend on what labels get on board with their plan?

I seriously doubt spamming them with "DUDEZ0RZ I WUNT GEETARz LULZ!!1!" is going to help them though I do like the sound of the site and support it. If you're going to spam anyone, try the record companies.

You are a smart man. Telling the record companies of it. Sure.
Quote by SuperBlob

It's a little thing called personal preference. Not everyone has the same taste you now

Yuh, sure. They're all pretty talented though, so I just find it hard to believe a guitarist can't get into at least one of those guys.
Quote by CallmeTravis
well, sort of. It was my message, and then I thought, Hey why not ask the friendly fellow UGer's to help...why, do you dislike/like/laugh at the idea?

To be honest, looking back now it doesn't seem so bad.

All I was getting at was where you said you'd tell people about the site on UG etc. - and ask them to email them too.

At first I was like, it's kind of like writing to a local councillor (don't know how things work in America) with a complaint and saying "Oh, by the way. I'm getting all my friends to write in and complain too".

But then looking now it's maybe not so bad because people will actually do it because they want the music (I expect) - not because we're all your friends and we're doing this to help you regardless of whether or not we feel for the matter.

Kinda thing. Just ignore me .

Sounds like a good site though, hope it gets to the UK.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by CallmeTravis
You are a smart man. Telling the record companies of it. Sure.

Sorry, was that sarcasm?

I don't quite understand, you tell us it is legal and the money goes to the record companies so isn't it fair to assume the companies are aware of this?
You think they don't question where this money they get is coming from? And if they are aware of it then they must be on board with it otherwise Spiral Frog would be sued into the n th dimension. If they are on board with the idea then their songs will be available to download. If they're not then Spiral Frog wouldn't have songs they own the copyright on for download.

Think about it.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Sorry, was that sarcasm?

I don't quite understand, you tell us it is legal and the money goes to the record companies so isn't it fair to assume the companies are aware of this?
You think they don't question where this money they get is coming from? And if they are aware of it then they must be on board with it otherwise Spiral Frog would be sued into the n th dimension. If they are on board with the idea then their songs will be available to download. If they're not then Spiral Frog wouldn't have songs they own the copyright on for download.

Think about it.

It wasn't sarcastic. I love the idea. I agree with this post too.
Quote by JamieB
To be honest, looking back now it doesn't seem so bad.

All I was getting at was where you said you'd tell people about the site on UG etc. - and ask them to email them too.

At first I was like, it's kind of like writing to a local councillor (don't know how things work in America) with a complaint and saying "Oh, by the way. I'm getting all my friends to write in and complain too".

But then looking now it's maybe not so bad because people will actually do it because they want the music (I expect) - not because we're all your friends and we're doing this to help you regardless of whether or not we feel for the matter.

Kinda thing. Just ignore me .

Sounds like a good site though, hope it gets to the UK.

Ok. I guess my post was sort of confusing
BTW, in America it would be the local Governor (or is it Mayor? which one runs city and which is state?)
Quote by af_the_fragile
Harsh Fact:

If you're not paying for your music, you're stealing it!

No, they have ads people pay for and they use the money to pay record companies. It was even on the news yesterday and they interviewed the Developers and a couple Record Dealers.