Hey everyone, I was looking at buying the peavey valveking 112, and i finally got enough money, and then i start reading about how it isn't the greatest for the money, etc. and I want to make a decision that will last me a long time so i was wondering if there were any other amps for around $500 that were better that I could try out.

I play metal and lots of high gain stuff so great distortion would be a must, alright cleans would be cool too, but if the cleans aren't the greatest, it's alright.

thanks in advance

Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
If you can get a used Peavey 5150 or 6505 (they're the same thing) that would be much better than the Valveking. Cleans aren't anything to write home about but the gain channel is perfect for metal.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
yeah, I was thinking about that, but I've already saved up $500, I guess I could save up a LITTLE more..but when I look they're like $700, or $800, so i would probably have to wait a lot longer, because I don't have a job or anything, and all i have right now is some epiphone started pack ss amp..
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by gucio93
yeah, I was thinking about that, but I've already saved up $500, I guess I could save up a LITTLE more..but when I look they're like $700, or $800, so i would probably have to wait a lot longer, because I don't have a job or anything, and all i have right now is some epiphone started pack ss amp..

i'd pay the equivalent to $800 for a 6505 any day...
here in the uk, they sell for like £900...
£1 is about $1.80...

but i've heard Valvekings are good...
look at youtube videos of people demo-ing them...
gearwire have a seemingly in-depth demo...