have so much more wattage than guitar amps. Are they extremely loud or is there no purpose for it?
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Bass needs more wattage to amplify the lower frequencies. Something like a 100 watter to a guitarist sounds insane, but to a bassist, well, it's not so much.
Quote by beckyjc
Bass needs more wattage to amplify the lower frequencies. Something like a 100 watter to a guitarist sounds insane, but to a bassist, well, it's not so much.

this pretty much is it hehe... not much else you can say...
.:Just because you can sweep pick doesn't make you good:.
All that is true, but you may read a tube guitar amp as if it were solid state, which would make the wattage a lot lower than a solid state bass amp. Just a little mis read while skimming could do that, but none the less, more watts for lower sounds
Yea. Some pros use an 8x12 cab or a 4x15 sometimes. More volume needed for how low those basses are.
well I saw a 1000W head in a magazine and was like "woah...could that be louder than a marshall full stack?"
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
What Becky first said, and apparantly, in the bass world, SS is rated more over valve, so the wattages would be slightly higher anyway
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Keep in mind, bass amps with tube POWER sections are not the ones you seen putting out 1000+ watts. Most "valve" bass amps are in the 300w range. Ones with tube PREAMPS, go much higher.