Page 1 of 2
Seriously, I was just playing my guitar through my amp and I started to hear someones voice coming through my amp. Apparently talking about a traffic report...is this normal? O.o
The Pit. The Movie.
Yeah, but if I wanted the goddamn radio I would've turned on the radio. I want my amp to be...radio free
The Pit. The Movie.
I get espn radio on mine
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah, I actually picked up British / American radio while using my new wah wah pedal yesterday... Freaked me out quite a bit xD
Okay, thought something screwy might've been happening. Good to hear that it's normal

Now I want to know how to get it back xD
The Pit. The Movie.
when i use my old ibanez i get spanish radio which i can't get on fm/am, sounds like a soundtrack song where they play some corny speech over the music
Bono: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Audience member: "Well, f*cking stop it then!"
It happens...especially if you live in the top floor of a 20 story building...

sometimes I turn it on just to see what i get
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Yeah it happened before when I was messing around with my guitar teacher's effects pedals
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Happens to me all the time. If I put my amp on my dresser I get the classic rock station, on my deck a news station comes in, and some hispanic channel comes in when it's in my closet sometimes.
how does this happen? sometimes do stations randomly come in by themselves or is there something you can do to initiate/control it? it has never happened to me but it sounds cool ; )
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
I once got Japanese Radio on a really old amp I had... that was helarious xD
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
This happens to me a lot because my amp is right beside my dresser which has a clock radio on it. When I unplug the radio it goes away though.
this sounds so much fun! why can't my amp be like this = [
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
I bought a looper off ebay, and when I got it all of the Phrases had really funny radio programs saved on them. One has Doctor Phil saying "Say it with me. You are a loser." There's also one with some Mafia-sounding voices saying "The In-and-Out Burger. -Oh, that's a good burger. -Shut the F*** up, Donny." I actually kept those two.
I picked up talk radio on my amp once while practicing with my old band. Whenever I used my wah pedal, it'd come in nice & loud, so I did what anyone else would do...turned on the chorus/delay effect on my Marshall head, and made it sound all trippy.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
I picked up a local talk show station through my old amp, I don't get it anymore. Which is good, because the volume nob actually adjusted the radio signal as well as my guitar's.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Still, +1 to whoever can explain why this phenomenon happens
The Pit. The Movie.
When I'm using a cordless phone, and the phone is within like 3 feet my SG, you can here the phone perfectly clear through my amp. My friend was sitting beside me, on the phone, and I held up my guitar to the phone, and I used my wah, and yea, it sounded pretty badass.
i live on the top of a hill and my od pedal picks up some local spanish channel

my friends bass amp picks up a korean un base, im not kidding
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
all these things make nice phenomenons but someone must know why this kind of stuff happens. im dying to know but i have no clue so someone needs to find out.
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
for crybaby wahs you can swap out to different type trsnsistors to stop/cut back on this problem.

it never happened with my gear yet but I record direct to the board not using any amp except my behringer PA.

+1 on explaining why it happens and it it can be controlled.
I live near an airfield so my speakers on my computer or my amp will sometimes pick up the transmissions of the coast guard helicopters. I don't know how to explain the occurence though . I know you can make amps out of old tube radios, so I guess they're pretty closely related.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
Quote by Teh GIR
i live on the top of a hill and my od pedal picks up some local spanish channel

my friends bass amp picks up a korean un base, im not kidding

Dude, I love your screen name. And, to stay on topic, since I joined Dying to Live, and we're jamming somewhere else, I don't get any radio signals on my amp anymore.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
when i put my cell phone on the strongs of my electric right above the bridge, i can hear my friend talking through my amp...

probably cause my amp is 50 years old though
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
My amp never picks up anything but feedback at high volume.

Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I get this everytime at my friends house. I had a distortion pedal that picked it up too, the actual pedal itself. I'm still confused about that one.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Mine does that too...I thought it was ghosts at first

Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
I was playing crazy train, and when I stopped I heard someone praying the our father prayer through my amp....

I almost passed out I was so scared.
i think the pickups on ur guitar pick it up, wen i play my 360 with the controller close to my frets(yes i can play my guitar and halo2 at the same time, dont be jealous!) everytime the controller vibrates, my amp sound like a 73 chevelle startin up, lol
Quote by JakoSnako
i think the pickups on ur guitar pick it up, wen i play my 360 with the controller close to my frets(yes i can play my guitar and halo2 at the same time, dont be jealous!) everytime the controller vibrates, my amp sound like a 73 chevelle startin up, lol

That would be the most epic start to a song. You should record it.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by GeetarAbuse
Dude, I love your screen name. And, to stay on topic, since I joined Dying to Live, and we're jamming somewhere else, I don't get any radio signals on my amp anymore.

you a zim fan too?!
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Page 1 of 2