Hey guys I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it...
I just started playing in dropped C about a month ago, Im fairly good at tuning to it by ear but I need some good songs to play to make sure
so hit me up with some good dropped C tunes that aren't impossible to play...
Please?
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
Metalcore genre.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
pretty much any bullet formy valentine or atreyu

and i think some a7x but that is harrrrd

lol
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

Just attack 'em with some pliers dude.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
Pretty much all Darkest Hour.

But that's fairly difficult so uhh, lame other metalcore?
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
icky lol I dont like anything you guys just listed.... hmm anything heavier in C? or do I need to go lower?...higher?

Edit I take that back I like System and Darkest Hour
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
Queens of the Stone Age
System of a Down

Any band that plays metalcore or stoner rock.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
If you go to C standard tuning, Dethklok, lower is Slipknot, higher is everything else.

Quote by xXx-e-s-p-xXx
pretty much any bullet formy valentine or atreyu

and i think some a7x but that is harrrrd

lol

all drop D n00b

try some Dimmu Borgir, Hypocrisy or Black Dahlia Murder

Edit: Also Dude above Dethklok is C Standard not drop C and what are you talking about that Slipknot is the only band lower than drop C catch yourself on man
you could tune down 1/2 step to drop B and do some Chevelle or Slipknot if thats your thing. by the way chevelle is really easy to play
Quote by ch715dallat
all drop D n00b

BMFV is drop C.
I want to play B but I have .11's >.> Slipknot is my thing...
Jesus H, i hate to be the one to break it to you, but theres a great big freakin' letter C in the word 'searCh'! Seriously man its actually easier for all involved if you search for this, since there a so many threads on it!
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
Quote by ch715dallat
all drop D n00b

Edit: Also Dude above Dethklok is C Standard not drop C and what are you talking about that Slipknot is the only band lower than drop C catch yourself on man

I said Dethklok is in C standard- read the commas NOOB!!!!

BTW, Most of BFMV is in drop C.

Quote by tymoo22
icky lol I dont like anything you guys just listed.... hmm anything heavier in C? or do I need to go lower?...higher?

Edit I take that back I like System and Darkest Hour

Children of Bodom uses Drop C a good bit.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by hethamulburton
If you go to C standard tuning, Dethklok, lower is Slipknot, higher is everything else.

Lower is also Pelican and ISIS, plus a good deal of great metal, and a few more bands.

Those > Slipknot.

Saxo-Walrus

I wouldn't doubt they are better then Slipknot :P
The lowest tuned stuff on my pc atm is Otep. But I like Slipknot more than them so... I'd rather play that music lol
Queens of the Stone Age - Regular John

The beginning and verses are mostly just the low C power chord over and over again.
Quote by fallenangel20
Lower is also Pelican and ISIS, plus a good deal of great metal, and a few more bands.

Those > Slipknot.

I hate Slipknot, they are just the only bands I know who bother to tune that low. Pelican and Isis? I'll check it out though.

lol thanks guys... and When I meant wasn't impossible I meant isn't extremely hard :P
not super easy like Queens of the Stone Age, thanks though
Do you like Shadow's Fall. They have some fairly good songs, if you could find a death metal vocalist and you played Shadow's Fall music... I'd pay to see it.

The hardcore voice and that awful singing voice just don't cut it with them.... they need the grunt of BR00TALz

Quote by hethamulburton
I hate Slipknot, they are just the only bands I know who bother to tune that low. Pelican and Isis? I'll check it out though.

They're Post-Metal, for the most part. Pelican plays in B standard, and ISIS in Drop B. And Amon Amarth plays in B standard. Machine Head plays in Drop B some.

Cryptopsy, At the Gates and Carcass play in B standard as well. Arch Enemy play in it a little as well.

Nile goes as low as Drop A, and I've heard of Meshuggah going to Drop G before.

I play in B standard, as well. I also use regular standard, but my main tuning at the moment is B standard.

Saxo-Walrus

omg I can't believe I forgot about Shadows Fall >.>
I love that band lol
errr atreyu may b drop d but i highly doubt it and most byllet is in c

it just is man listen to it?
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

Just attack 'em with some pliers dude.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
Quote by fallenangel20
They're Post-Metal, for the most part. Pelican plays in B standard, and ISIS in Drop B. And Amon Amarth plays in B standard. Machine Head plays in Drop B some.

Cryptopsy, At the Gates and Carcass play in B standard as well. Arch Enemy play in it a little as well.

Nile goes as low as Drop A, and I've heard of Meshuggah going to Drop G before.

I play in B standard, as well. I also use regular standard, but my main tuning at the moment is B standard.

Lord Worm is my hero !!!

hmmm.... so do you think Dropped C would even be the way to go If I want to make something along the lines of some kind of music thats... Scary?

Edit: Well I could always revolutionize lol
Last edited by tymoo22 at Sep 18, 2007,
Quote by tymoo22
hmmm.... so do you think Dropped C would even be the way to go If I want to make something along the lines of some kind of music thats... Scary?

Edit: Well I could always revolutionize lol

Scary comes from the lyrics, aggressiveness, and the use of blood in stage shows. Believe me... playing 'Raining Blood' at our High School Battle of The Bands was enough to shock the kids, but then we utilized some blood- fake- for some antics.

oh wow your kidding right? thats not even scary.... just extreme
well I should be fine then lol
Quote by tymoo22
oh wow your kidding right? thats not even scary.... just extreme
well I should be fine then lol

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=38137084&MyToken=8d361569-4664-4837-9fde-65d85721426a

True, is was extreme, but to those who do not suspect... it was Hell manifested.

That was our vocalist there.

lol it does look like it would scare the **** out of people....
Well I'll try my best to do that with our music, Blood is probably out of the question with our school >.<
Most system of a down is in C standard i think ( C G C F A D? )
Bass Player
Quote by tymoo22
lol it does look like it would scare the **** out of people....
Well I'll try my best to do that with our music, Blood is probably out of the question with our school >.<

We thought we'd get suspended, and we were all seniors at the time, so just have fun with it. And if they try to stop you, go acoustic black metal!!! If they take the instruments, keep head banging and chant random hexes--- you can make those up easily by speaking crazy talk.

Just remember to actually have fun while doing it, and messing up is always a part of performing live whilst a zombie mask obstructs your view.

**** that
just tune to D standard
then play crystal mountain by death
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
Quote by alexi_laiho
**** that
just tune to D standard

I second that motion, amazing song, you have great musical taste, I salute you sir
Quote by alexi_laiho
**** that
just tune to D standard

^ +1 Crystal Mountain = most fun song you can play on guitar PERIOD