Hey, First off, i already looked in the metal recommendation thread (if its there, just tell me i didnt look hard enough and ill be on my way)

Second off (ly? idk..) Ive been listening to metal since I was six, so i didnt just wander over here...

Now then, I like alot of metal. Thrash and Core and Death and Speed, etc...but all these subs have one thing in common...they are fast as ****. Nothing wrong with that (i love metal) but ive heard a couple of songs done at or around breakdown tempo for the whole song...and i thought it was awesome. Lies of Autumn, for example (Ive only heard the AILD cover, if the LOG original is fast, my bad) and another song i heard a long time ago...i know that helps, sorry. But I was wondering if there are any really good slow metal bands/songs that youd recommend. Ive heard of sludge metal, but i dont think thats what im talking about, and it sounds weak, so idk. Anyways, if anyone could point me in the right direction, id really appreciate it!! Thanks!
yeah man, i love slow metal too, and there really isnt enough of it. Slow metal = serious headbanging/groove. THe only songs that are popping up in my head as slow metal right now are gently & the virus of life by slipknot(stfu haters, those are some good songs, particualrly gently.). They bothhave some seriously groovey D & B building up into some intense metal stuff.
Quote by Riot Act
Oh, Sorry! Thanks man!

Go ahead and delete this thread mods (my bad)

Delete your original post and it'll delete the thread buddy.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
skepticism but its doom metal and hard to find. Slow metal isnt really a genre so it might not even need to go in the recomendation thread
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Daylight Dies
Pantheist
Pelican
Isis
Agalloch
Cathedral
Nortt
Cult of Luna
Black Boned Angel
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by boobookittyfukc
saliva

LEAVE THE METAL FORUMS NOW!!

(Honestly, the metal forum should require a special liscence...)
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Sludgecore is slow, and overlaps with doom metal. Eyehategod are slow like good torture.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Doom metal as mentioned. and bands like Down and sabbath.. umm Some of Kyuss' stuff too?