I never post on here but I'm bored.

The Canadian dollar is seriously getting huge, 0.985881 USD now! Who else here from the North is gonna go buy up tons of gear from the US and sneak it past customs?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
Quote by TONY strat
I will. I can't wait till the canadian dollar hits 1$ US oooooo I can't wait

Hi Tony.
Yeah dollars are falling in value. 1 pound last year was something like 1.8 dollars and now it's almost 2.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

I think I prefer The American Dollar more.

But that's pretty cool. Will that mean all of your good will cost the same now? I've always realised they were a dollar or two more when I see the prices on labels.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
no...the dollar is just shit...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Totally. I already did that with shopping for band shirts. (Hot topic may be a ****ty emo poseur store, but they DO have SOME cool stuff and band shirts...)
Quote by fallenangel20
I think I prefer The American Dollar more.

But that's pretty cool. Will that mean all of your good will cost the same now? I've always realised they were a dollar or two more when I see the prices on labels.

Nope, it'll all be the same for now. We'll just get massive discounts when we shop in the US.
Gear
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Quote by RickGardiner
Nope, it'll all be the same for now. We'll just get massive discounts when we shop in the US.

Huh. That's pretty strange.

You would figure the prices would drop to meet the average MSRP and whatnot.

But, that's money for you.

Saxo-Walrus

No we'll get screwed and still have to pay more than you... lol
Quote by ShaolinMonk495
I think those chances are bigger than you getting laid.
The Canadian dollar isn't doing much (except for Albertan oil), the American dollar's just going down the sh*tter.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by fallenangel20
Huh. That's pretty strange.

You would figure the prices would drop to meet the average MSRP and whatnot.

But, that's money for you.

It can't exactly change over night.
Apparently last time the Canadian Dollar was higher than the American's, most stores in Alaska (at least in Skagway, Haines, Juneau, etc.) added an "inconvenience tax" to peoples purchases when they paid in Canadian funds, so Canadians ended up paying more anyways. I'm too young to remember this though.
Ignore my ignorance but why do you want to go to america and get your stuff here? cheaper prices?
Quote by .smudged.
Ignore my ignorance but why do you want to go to america and get your stuff here? cheaper prices?

Yeah, things that are like $1000 here are only like $700 in America, and if the dollars are equal, there's really no loss! Customs is the only bad part, but I'm sure there'll be ways past that.
Gear
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Quote by Archaon
It can't exactly change over night.

Well, yea, I know, but I at least there would have been a gradual drop in price with the increase in value over time.

But it just goes to show how much I know about economics at the moment.

Saxo-Walrus

not just cheaper prices, more selction, better stores, etc. I LOVE canada but spend a week shopping here and you'd get it. I just bought a Mesa single recto in the states and I had to pay duty on it. it was still half the price it would have been here.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
yes, more selection. now would also be a good time to buy those small items off ebay, or if possible, get those huge oversized items too via USPS if you dont want the hassle of travelling
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp