http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Limited-Edition-Stratocaster-with-Direct-Mount-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=517592X

I don't want to get a starter pack because i've heard they include crappy guitars. I always liked the look of the fender strats and this seems like a steal. I was planning on getting this and a line6 amp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-III-15-Modeling-Combo-Amplifier?sku=482276

Just would like your opinions.
if you can afford the guitar then go for it!. however, you might want to cut back on the guitar to get a better amp, but the call is yours.
The fender looks good and is probably likely to increase in value as it is "250 only".

What music are you looking to play?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

good guitar. but ur probably gonna be wanting a new amp in a couple of months...thats what happened to me.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
dont get a spider. you'll want to replace it once you start getting better. save up a little and buy a little bit nicer amp (not line 6)
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Instead of a 15w Spider you could get a Roland Microcube
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp?sku=481169

It's got a way better tone than the spider, It's loud enough for the bedroom and best of all it's portable! You can practice anywhere!

I have one and it has served me well...
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
get a valve Jr. as ur amp. pretty cheap, and all-tube. or a Valve Special. Both Epi amps, both good. I wanted to get a Fender like that. looks awesome, but is missing a knob if u notice.
get the strat but dont get the blem one that you have on that link get the brand new one and get a roland microcube for ur amp
Cheap Ibanez (GSA60, RG321), and a smaller Roland Cube or Vox AD.

Sure it might cost you $50-$100 more in total, but you probably wont feel like your gear is **** 3 months, 6 months, or a year later.
Good starter guitar, good price. Forget the Spider. I'd suggest the Roland Cube as was mentioned for the best modeling amp that will do metal.
If you know you will be playing then get the better guitar
and for god's sake, dont get the spider.
I don't even shred
everyone says that the roland micro cube is awesome, so ill take it from you guys with experience and pick that up instead thanks for your help btw
Quote by loodaman
so would i need a cable, strap, picks and a tuner as well?
Yeah, you can get all three for about $30.
i second the rg321mh.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by guitar_infidel
i second the rg321mh.

I love my RG321MH, that and a microcube would be an awesome beginners setup.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS