Alright so I was practicing singing for a song of mine and playing it back to find trouble spots. Well i was trying to relax my throat and get a more gravelly sound like when using the 'frying bacon' thing to warm up. But when i was just sort of letting out random noises I could feel multiple chords moving and two different octaves were coming out at once. Is this like, a normal thing, or something that can be harnassed moreso? thanks.
It can be done you are not a freak.
burn him before it spreads
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
That's crazy. I would harness that and use it to create a unique sound.

Make a band, you'll go places.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
yes... its ok... were just taking you to the river*cough* doctor... yes doctor.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by MrDinkleberry
That's crazy. I would harness that and use it to create a unique sound.

Make a band, you'll go places.

What he said...
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Jim Gillette from Nitro can do that, makes for some fantastic vocal work.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I think Chester from Linkin Park does that when he screams.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
haha that sounds like it woudl be kool
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
That happened in the Exorcism of Emily Rose, damn that was a bad movie.

But yeah I'm pretty sure some sect of Buddhist monks do that as part of meditation, apparently we have another vocal chord that's unused or something like that. (I could be crazy, but I thought I read that somewhere)
I used to get that until 3 years after my voice broke.

Whenever I sang, you could actually hear a baritenor and a bass singing together. it wasn't a child's voice and a man's voice, it was two man's voices.

I don't know the science, but I'm guessing that it occurs from time to time, and sometimes it is permanant. I couldn't do it now for a million quid.
throat singing maybe?
if you a doing what i think you are doing it is something popular in asian music...
I've done it before, it's pretty weird. I usually get it when I have a slightly clogged up throat. No idea if that has anything to do with it.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Well i heard about the tibetan monk thing, but that was more of a chord thing. I was just wondering if its a more common thing that people use a lot.
I used to be able to create two tones. But they weren't octaves they were 5ths. It was like a power chord
Awesome, Couple up with a 12 string guitarist and a 8 string bassist then start busking.
I Love Oreos, And im English =D
Quote by JC13
That's what I was just going to post, I think the ones up in the Himalayas were the first to "perfect" it.

I knew I wasn't crazy!
That's awesome and completely hard as hell. yes, what some replies said was true. you do have an extra set of vocal folds who's only purpose is to prevent your lungs from colapsing(hard to explain) what youre doing is using your vocal folds and false vocal folds at the same time (crazy hard to do - congrats)
Quote by armon77
it's possible, it's some weird throat technique. monks used to do it.

you know this how?
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Make a youtube video...i must see this.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.