I'm saving up for a Fender Highway One Strat. It will be my first Electric guitar. I've been playing my acoustic for about 5 months and love it. Though I'd like something louder

So i have a couple questions for you guys.

1) Is this a good beginning guitar for me? If not, what's a good guitar then? I like Alt. rock, Rock, Pop, Classic rock. Stuff around there.

I'm willing to pay up to about $760 for a guitar. I'd be buying from Musicians Friend.

2) If this is a good guitar, which Highway one should i get? There's the regular version, and then there's the HSS version (Both are the same price).

I'm new at the electric so bear with me

Thanks In Advance!!
it would probably work with either hss or sss.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The Highway One series is great, I played one at my local store. If you want to dip into heavier stuff, like some heavier classic rock/metal, i'd go with the HSS.
Its good, but get an Hss version. more variety, and u can distort the bridge and itll still sound good, as opposed to an SSS bridge w/ distortion.
If you're a beginner why not go for the fender standard stratocaster It's a little cheaper and it's almost as good. But whatever you like is what you should get.
Guitars
Fender Stratocaster
Ovation Celebrity

Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
ok, i have this guitar and it handles distortion better than my Gibson and its the SSS. The pickups are one of a kind and the guitar is simply amazing. Trust me, you will not be dissapointed
Great choice, just make sure you don't skimp on the amp. It would be a shame to play that baby through a cruddy practice amp.
yes, HW1 strats are awesome but i would also recommend MIM strats simply because they are cheaper. however, if you are willing to be a bit patient HW1 definitely
Quote by ICEMANN999
ok, i have this guitar and it handles distortion better than my Gibson and its the SSS. The pickups are one of a kind and the guitar is simply amazing. Trust me, you will not be dissapointed

I also have this guitar (SSS) and I agree with ^.

It is very good for the stuff you wanna play, but don't except to have a ''Whole Lotta Love'' like sound. If you can get the HSS, go for it. I modified my Highway 1 with a bridge humbucker and it is ever greater.
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

=>40 Watt RMS Yorkville Traynor YCV-40 valve amplifier

=>30 Watt Tech 21 NYC - Trademark 30 solid amplifier

=>Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby pedal
Awesome guitar.
But if you're willing to pay 730$ if i were you i'd buy Gibson.
What the fuck is wrong with me?

OH YE, THE FLYING FUCKS BAND!